ELECTRONIC DIRECT DEPOSIT REFUNDS
An electronic direct deposit refund, or eRefund, is the most convenient refund method. At the beginning of a new term, it is also the fastest method for receiving your refund.
- Direct deposit into any bank checking or savings account in the United States: You may set up your own bank account or a parent’s account to receive the refund.
- Priority processing: During the first four weeks of a new term, we only process eRefunds. If you do not set up a valid eRefund account, we will not review your eligibility for a refund until after the fourth week of a new term. (Exception: Students with Title IV credit balances will be refunded within the timeframe required by federal regulations. See Refunds of Excess Federal Title IV Student Aid for more information on Title IV refunds.)
- No waiting in line: Avoid lines in the bursar’s office and at the bank!
Students without a valid eRefund account will be refunded by a check payable to the student. (See CHECK REFUNDS below.)
To set up your eRefund account with TouchNet, our online service provider, access the TouchNet login page and log in with your myDelVal credentials.
Important notes about eRefunds:
- eRefunds cannot be voided or adjusted. If you become ineligible for a refund after an eRefund processes, you will be required to pay the refund back to DelVal.
- If you ask the financial aid office to reduce a loan award after an eRefund processes, you will need to pay back the amount of the loan reduction to DelVal.
- To use your financial aid to purchase books in the DelVal bookstore, you must sign a Ram Dollars agreement before an eRefund processes. For more information on Ram Dollars, visit our Ram Dollars webpage.
- When an eRefund has been approved, you will receive a notification in your DelVal email stating the amount of the refund. The funds will be direct deposited within 5 business days after the email is received, if valid bank account information was provided to TouchNet.
Eligible students who do not set up a valid eRefund account will receive a check refund.
- Payable to the student: A check refund is always payable to the student. If a parent would like to receive the refund, the student must set up an eRefund account in TouchNet using the parent’s banking information.
- Lower priority: At the beginning of a new term, we do not review the credit balances of students without eRefund accounts until after the fourth week. (Exception: Students with Title IV credit balances will be refunded within the timeframe required by federal regulations. See Refunds of Excess Federal Title IV Student Aid. for more information on Title IV credit balances.)
- Check refund notification: When a refund check is available to be picked up or mailed, a "Refund Check Available for Pickup - Photo ID Required) notification will be sent to your DelVal email.
- Held for pickup for up to 3 business days: To give you an opportunity to pick up your refund check, we hold it in our office up to 3 business days from the date the "Refund Check Available" email was sent to you. To pick up your refund, bring your photo ID to our office.
- Mailed if not picked up: If you do not pick up your check by the deadline, or if you ask us to mail the check before the deadline, we will mail it to the permanent address in our files. It is your responsibility to notify the Office of the Registrar of any changes in your mailing address.