For the convenience of students, parents, and staff, the University offers an optional prepaid Ram Dollars account. Your University ID card will be coded with the deposits that you add to this account. You may then use your ID like a debit card to make purchases at the DelVal Bookstore, Pub, L.S. Bean Coffee Shop, Levin Dining Hall, and Market at DelVal. Funds cannot be withdrawn from this account, but any unused funds in excess of $10 will be refunded to the ID cardholder upon separation from the University. See the frequently asked questions below for more details. Before signing an application, review the separate Terms and Conditions document that you will be provided when you open a Ram Dollars account.
To open a new account: New accounts may be opened in the Office of the Bursar on the second floor of Lasker Hall, or the application can be mailed to the bursar's office. The minimum required first purchase is $25.
To add a deposit to an existing account: You may add to your Ram Dollars account in the Office of the Bursar, by mail, or through eAccounts.
What are Ram Dollars?
RAM Dollars are similar to a pre-paid debit card and are a convenient substitute for cash when making purchases at eligible locations on the DelVal campus.
How do I use Ram Dollars?
Your DelVal ID card is activated with your initial deposit and is updated when additional deposits are made to your Ram Dollars account. Swipe your ID card for transactions at the DelVal Bookstore, Pub, L. S. Bean Coffee Shop, Levin Dining Hall, or Market at DelVal just as you do with a credit or debit card.
What are the differences between Flex Dollars and Ram Dollars?
- Flex Dollars may be included with a purchased meal plan. Ram Dollars are not included with any meal plan and are purchased separately.
- Flex Dollars expire at the end of each term. Ram Dollars never expire.
- Flex Dollars can only be used in the Pub and Levin Dining Hall. Ram Dollars can be used in the DelVal Bookstore, Pub, L.S. Bean Coffee Shop, Levin Dining Hall, and Market at DelVal.
Is there a fee for Ram Dollars?
- When a Cardholder separate from the University, a one-time administrative fee of up to $10 will be charged for release of remaining funds.
- If your card is lost or stolen, there is a $20 replacement fee.
- If you purchase RAM dollars with a personal check and the check is returned by the bank, a $50 fee will be charged to your student account.
Can I purchase Ram Dollars with my financial aid?
If your financial aid exceeds your student account balance and you have not already received your refund, you may purchase Ram Dollars up to the amount of the excess aid for use in the University bookstore. We suggest that you pre-price your books and purchase only the amount required.
When do Ram Dollars expire?
RAM Dollars never expire. Your Ram Dollars will transfer from term to term until you separate from DelVal.
What if I leave DelVal before I use up my Ram Dollars?
Any unused funds in excess of $10 are refunded when a cardholder separates from the university, unless there are unpaid charges on your student account.
Can Ram Dollars be refunded to the student before separation from DelVal?
No. When you purchase Ram Dollars, they remain in your account until used, or until you separate from the University.
How are Ram Dollars refunds processed?
- Students: The unused balance, less the $10 administrative fee, is credited to your student account. If you have a valid eRefund account at the time of release of the funds, you will receive an eRefund. Otherwise, any credit balance remaining on your student account will be refunded by check and mailed to the last known address.
- Staff: The unused balance, less the $10 administrative fee, is refunded by check and mailed to the last known address.
How do I open a Ram Dollars account or add more Ram Dollars to my existing account?
The "Application to Open/Add to a RAM Dollars Account" is available in the Office of the Bursar, on the Bursar webpage, and on myDelVal. Please review the separate Terms and Conditions document before signing the application or making a payment through eAccounts.
- Pay in person: Bring your application and payment to the Office of the Bursar on the second floor of Lasker Hall. You may purchase Ram Dollars in our office with cash, check, money order, or debit or credit card.
- Pay by mail: Mail your form and a check to Delaware Valley University, Office of the Bursar, 700 E. Butler Avenue, Doylestown, PA 18901. Make the check payable to Delaware Valley University and include your student ID number and “Ram Dollars” on it.
- Pay online through eAccounts:
- Students: Log in to eAccounts with your DelVal student User ID and password.
- Guests: Make deposits using the student’s last name and 6-digit student ID number. Access to eAccounts is found on the Office of the Bursar webpage and myDelVal. Important: Student must first sign a Ram Dollars agreement in the Office of the Bursar before using eAccounts to purchase Ram Dollars.
Where can I find the Terms and Conditions?
The terms and conditions can be found here.
If you have any additional questions, contact the Office of the Bursar at 215.489.2376 or email@example.com.