An eRefund is the most convenient way to receive your refund. At the beginning of each term, it is also the fastest refund method.
- Direct deposit into any US bank checking or savings account: Set up your own bank account or a parent’s account.
- Priority processing: During the first three weeks of a new term, we only process refunds for eligible students who have set up eRefund accounts. We do not review the accounts of students without eRefund accounts until the end of the third week of the new term or later. (Exception: students with FSA/Title IV credit balances will be refunded within the timeframe required by federal regulations. (See Refunds of Excess Federal Title IV Student Aid.)
- No waiting in line: Avoid long lines in the bursar’s office and more lines at the bank.
- Please be aware that eRefunds cannot be voided or adjusted.
- If you plan to reduce a loan, the financial aid office must make the adjustment before an eRefund begins to process. Otherwise, you will need to pay back part of your eRefund to DelVal or to your loan servicer.
- To use your financial aid to purchase books in the DelVal bookstore, you must sign a Ram Dollars agreement in our office before an eRefund begins to process. Otherwise, you will need to pay for your books out of your bank account.
To set up your eRefund account with TouchNet, our online service provider, access the TouchNet login page and log in with the same credentials that you use to access myDelVal.
Eligible students who do not set up a valid eRefund account will receive a check refund.
- Payable to the student: A check refund is always payable to the student. If a parent borrows a PLUS loan and wants to receive the refund, the student will need to set up an eRefund account using the parent’s bank account information.
- Lower priority: At the beginning of a new term, we do not begin to review the credit balances of students without eRefund accounts until the end of the third week or later. The only exception is a student with an FSA (Title IV) refund. (See Refunds of Excess Federal Title IV Student Aid.)
- Held for pick-up for up to two weeks: We hold refund checks in our office for up to two weeks. To pick up your refund, please bring your photo ID to our office. The deadline for pick-up will be specified in the email that we send to your DelVal email address when the check is available.
- Mailed if not picked up: If you do not pick up your check by the deadline, or if you ask us to mail it before the end of the hold period, we will mail it to the permanent address in our files. It is your responsibility to notify the Office of the Registrar of any changes in your mailing address.