University is all about gaining knowledge and experience!
A great way to show off your experience is with your DelVal Experience Transcript. To get started, get involved – join a campus club, participate in community service, attend campus programs and connect with a professional in your field. The DelVal Experience Transcript brings this all these opportunities together!
What is the DelVal Experience Transcript?
The DelVal Experience Transcript is an official document of your involvement and accomplishments at DelVal as part of Experience360 (formerly the Experiential Learning Program). It is beneficial because it helps you realize the skills you’re picking up outside the classroom and how they translate to skills that can be highlighted on resumes and cover letters and in interviews. The transcript captures the E360 activities that you have registered in at DelVal, as well as your University-specific student involvement, including community service, awards, clubs, organizations, and athletics. Collectively, this involvement reflects important skills that add to the total University experience and prepare you as a lifelong learner and citizen.
Why is the DelVal Experience Transcript useful?
The DelVal Experience Transcript complements a student’s résumé and academic transcript by specifying achievements and activities for employment, graduate school admission counselors or fellowship or scholarship evaluators.
How do I access and receive a copy of my DelVal Experience Transcript?
A student is able to view their unofficial DelVal Experience Transcript and also request their official DelVal Experience Transcript via ExperienceLink in the Experiential Learning module.
What types of activities are included on the DelVal Experience Transcript?
The DelVal Experience Transcript will include achievements and activities in the following areas:
- E360 Activities – registered activities in Experience360 include academic internship and student teaching, academic career exploration experience (CEE), student research, experiential learning courses, study abroad, leadership development, community service, and civic engagement
- Organizations, Clubs and NCAA Athletics – participation in university -recognized clubs, organizations and athletics
- Community Service and Civic Engagement – participation in University-recognized community service or civic engagement activities of any duration
- Leadership Activities – participation in registered leadership programs through the Office of Student Involvement
- Awards – awards given in recognition by the University for exemplary academics or service to the University community
- Professional Development – participation in University-recognized programs, seminars, workshops and conferences through student clubs/organizations, academic departments or campus offices
How is the DelVal Experience Transcript validated?
Information for the DelVal Experience Transcript is collected from registered Experience360 activities and registered student involvement activities through the Division of Student Affairs. The Center for Student Professional Development and the Office of Student Involvement will review all submissions. Once participation is validated, the activity will be entered and included in the DelVal Experience Transcript. After successful completion of the activity through the Center for Student Professional Development, registered E360 activities will automatically be included on your transcript via ExperienceLink.
Clubs and organizations, NCAA athletics, community service, civic engagement, leadership activities, and awards and professional development activities will be reviewed by the student involvement office.
- Membership in organizations, clubs and athletics involvement will be validated using team rosters, the Officer Registration Form, and the General Membership Form. You must be considered an active member – meeting the requirements outlined by each individual organization. Executive members should submit both the General Membership Form and the Officer Registration Form to the Office of Student Involvement via the online form each semester. Depending on a student’s role in the organization, executive positions may be included on the transcript. Athletic team rosters are recorded by the athletics office.
- Community service and civic engagement recognition will include service and engagement participation through a campus office, club or organization. Students will need to submit the Service Tracking Form that validates their participation via the online form.
- Leadership activities include programs offered by a University office, club or organization. Participation should be submitted through the online form by faculty, staff, executive club members or individual students.
- Awards given in recognition of exemplary academics or service to the Delaware Valley University community will be listed on the DelVal Experience Transcript, for example the Founder’s Award given to a graduating senior. Participation should be submitted through the online form by faculty, staff, executive club members or individual students.
- Professional development programs, seminars, workshops and conferences should be in coordination with a student’s curricular or co-curricular experience through student clubs/organizations, academic departments or campus offices. Participation should be submitted through the online form by faculty, staff, executive club members or individual students.