As an outgrowth of the GROW Into Your Future initiative, commissioned by the Board of Trustees and under the leadership of the Vice President for Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence and the Vice President for Academic Affairs, a cross-campus working group focused on enhancing advising and mentoring at DelVal. An outcome of this working group is an institutional wide peer mentoring program for first-year students embedded within the DelVal Experience I course. Through the First-Year Peer Mentor Program:
- Mentors will support first-year student as they navigate their first year at DelVal.
- Mentors will be integrated into a section of DelVal Experience.
- Mentors will provide mentees with academic, social, and personal encouragement under the guidance of a DelVal Experience Instructor.
- Mentors will assist mentees with college transition challenges and resource referral
- Mentors will be responsible for a small group of student mentees within each course section.
- Mentors will also communicate outside of class and attend campus events and activities with mentees.
The postion description provides a complete overview of the peer mentor role.
Campus Community: If you have a student to recommend please email the student's name to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Working Group will reach out to all recommended students to encourage them to apply.
Please email email@example.com if you have questions about the program.