As an outgrowth of the GROW Into Your Future initiative, commissioned by the Board of Trustees and under leadership of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Vice President for Academic Affairs, a cross-campus working group focused on enhancing advising and mentoring at DelVal. An outcome of this working group is an institutional wide peer mentoring program for first-year students embedded within the DelVal Experience course. Through the First-Year Peer Mentor Program:
- Mentors will support first-year student as they navigate their first year at DelVal.
- Mentors will be integrated into a section of DelVal Experience.
- Mentors will provide mentees with academic, social, and personal encouragement under guidance of a DelVal Experience Instructor.
- Mentors will assist mentees with college transition challenges and resource referral
- Mentors will be responsible for a small group of student mentees within each course section.
- Mentors will also communicate outside of class and attend campus events and activities with mentees.
The postion description provides a complete overview of the peer mentor role.
Students: You can apply for this opportunity at https://rms.delval.edu/page/PMapplication
Campus Community: If you have a student to recommend please email the student's name to email@example.com. The Working Group will reach out to all recommended students to encourage them to apply.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the program.