What You’ll Learn at Delaware Valley’s Summer Camp
Posted on May 13, 2015 by Delaware Valley University .
Not only is Delaware Valley University great for adults, it also has a lot to offer children. This summer, teens and pre-teens will gather at DelVal’s campus for a day camp called Kids U! This day camp is perfect to get your son or daughter out of the house for a few weeks so they can participate in various activities within the classroom or on the athletic fields.
The camp is run through sessions on Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. Campers can either bring lunch or purchase it from the dining hall. Each camp is designed for a specific age range.
The sessions that are offered include the following:
• CEO Kids
• Day in the Life
• Horseback Riding
• Lego WeDo Construction
• Make It and Take It
• Next Stop… Broadway
• Sports Smash
Read on to find out more about what each session offers.
• CEO Kids (Ages 10-13): This camp is for future entrepreneurs. Campers will learn how to put their creative talents and business skills to the test by designing and marketing the next big thing. Using fun, everyday items, campers will be challenged to test the limits of their imagination to develop innovative, fun products.
• Day in the Life (Ages 7-13): This camp will help participants figure out what they want to be when they grow up by allowing them to explore different career paths. The campers will visit classrooms and labs to gain an understanding of various professions, such as biologist, physicist, psychologist or environmentalist student. After checking out different classes, campers will head into the field for fun and active “research.”
• Horseback Riding (Ages 12+): DelVal offers three different levels of horseback riding camps. The camps are open to all equestrians, regardless of their show experience. The overall goal is to develop the riders’ position and strengthen their fundamentals of hunt seat equitation riding.
• Lego WeDo Construction (Ages 7-9): This camp utilizes the LEGO Education WeDo Construction Set, an easy-to-use set that introduces young campers to robotics. Campers will build and program LEGO models with working motors and sensors while developing skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
• Make It and Take It (Ages 7-13): This session teaches campers how to apply principles of chemistry, physics, critical thinking and problem solving, physical education, nutrition and contemporary issues surrounding environmental sustainability.
• Next Stop… Broadway (Ages 7-13): In this workshop, campers work with experienced musical theater professionals and learn audition techniques as well as the process of putting together a musical.
• NASTAR (Ages 10-13): This five-day experience allows campers to launch rockets and build airplanes as they explore Newton’s Laws of Motion and how they relate to aircraft and spacecraft. Activities include building parachutes, balloon-powered cars, balsa gliders, rubber band–powered airplanes and flying models of historic aircrafts.
• Sports Smash (Ages 7-13): This camp is for athletes and features basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer and flag football. The multitude of sports allows campers to explore each one to determine which he or she likes best.
Download a registration form and submit your non-refundable $50 deposit to hold a spot for your child. You’ll learn more information and receive more forms when you submit your payment. DelVal’s Kids U! Program is a great opportunity for your kids to get out of the house this summer and be part of an exciting experience.