Top 10 Things to Do in Doylestown this Summer
Posted on May 19, 2015 by Delaware Valley University .
When taking a break from classes during the summer or visiting DelVal to decide on the next step in your education, you can take advantage of the many summer events that the Doylestown community will be offering. DelVal is located in the heart of Doylestown and there are a lot of things to do and explore. For some inspiration, we’ve created a list of the top 10 things to do in Doylestown this summer.
1. Solstice Expo and Holistic Fair (June 27 to 28)
Celebrate the summer solstice and tune up your mind, body, and spirit with the seventh annual Solstice Expo and Holistic Fair at 46 North Sugan Rd in New Hope, Pennsylvania.
2. A Night at the Opera (May 30 and 31)
Featured in the DelVal Life Sciences Building Auditorium, A Night at the Opera will be a classy and cultured event.
3. Johnny Peers and the Muttville Comix (July 13)
You and your friends can enjoy some laughs with comedian Johnny Peers and his gang of talented canines. You can see the show at the Sellersville Theater in Sellersville, Pennsylvania.
4. Mercer Museum (Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday noon to 5 p.m.)
Visit the Mercer Museum to learn about everyday American life in the 18th and 19th centuries. The museum is located at 84 South Pine Street in Doylestown.
5. James A. Michener Art Museum (Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday noon to 5 p.m.)
Visit the James A. Michener Art Museum for fantastic exhibits featuring paintings, sculptures and photography. The museum is located at 138 South Pine Street in Doylestown.
6. Doylestown Rock Gym (Monday through Thursday 4 to 10 p.m., Friday noon to 10 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
Have some fun while exercising at the Doylestown Rock Gym. With more than 12,000 square feet of indoor rock climbing, you’ll have plenty of fun tackling the various walls that range from beginner to expert. The Doylestown Rock Gym is located at 3853 Old Easton Road in Doylestown.
7. Bucks County Civil War Museum (Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
Visit the Bucks County Civil War Museum to see many rare artifacts from the Civil War era and learn about our country’s history. The Bucks County Civil War Museum is located at 32 North Broad Street in Doylestown.
8. Doylestown Farmers Market (Saturdays, 7 a.m. to noon)
Every Saturday in the summer, you can find healthy and locally grown foods at the Doylestown Farmers Market at 25 South Hamilton Street.
9. Moravian Pottery and Tile Works (Daily, 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.)
A National Historic Landmark, visit the Moravian Pottery and Tile Works museum to learn about the arts and crafts movement of the 19th century.
10. Peace Valley Lavender Farm (Thursday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday noon to 5 p.m.)
At the Peace Valley Lavender Farm, you’ll find an abundance of lavender gifts and fragrances that are locally grown and produced here in Doylestown. The Peace Valley Lavender Farm is located at 802 New Galena Road in Doylestown.
If you’re interested in visiting DelVal’s campus this summer, you can plan your visit here.