The Watson Executive-in-Residence speaker series was founded by Thomas Watson '57, a DelVal alumnus who started out in pharmaceutical sales and realized he was passionate about advertising. He became a founder of Omnicom, one of the world's largest advertising firms. Watson has a passion for education and started an in-house program at his company to provide MBA-level training for employees. As part of the series, he awards a scholarship to a student, who introduces the visiting speaker.
This Spring's speaker is Mr. Michael Rhodin, Woodrow Wilson Visiting Fellow & Former head of IBM Watson Business Development. The presentation will be on March 7, 2019 from 11 until noon in the Life Sciences Building Auditorium.
- Fall 2018, Stephen Flavell '04, Chief Operations Officer, Executive Education Academy Charter School (EEACS)
- Spring 2018, Meghan Maciolek, Senior Program Manager, Contingent Workforce Program at Amazon
- Fall 2017, Ifeoma Aduba, Nonprofit Compliance Specialist at Harbor Compliance
- Spring 2017 Allen Childs, Managing Partner, The Doylestown Bookshop
- Fall 2016: Gregory Krug '77, President, Lampire Biological Laboratories, Inc..
- Spring 2016 - Jeff Marshall '00, Associate Media Director at Mediacom
- Fall 2015-Marlene de la Cruz, president, Adelphi Research
- Spring 2015 - Sheila Willard, Executive at Comcast
- Fall 2014 - Debbie Goetz, President, Debbie Goetz Media Connections, LLC
- Spring 2014 - Scott Rudich, Round Guys Brewing
- Fall 2013 - Jean-Pierre Gagnon, retired from Merck
- Spring 2013 - Tom Debrowski '72, Mattel Corporation
- Fall 2012 - Michael Schultz, Microsoft
- Spring 2012 - Lawrence Cohen, International Technidyne Corporation
- Prior to 2012 - Laura Owen '79, Neil Clover '89, Sydney Martin, Rob Dhoble, Richard Reif, Chuck Alpuche '81, James M. Herr, Howard Stoeckel, Phillip Clemens, Pamela Sander, Tom Watson '57