How do I get started?

Contact our certifying officer Kerr Smith to receive detailed instructions on what steps you should take in order to apply to the program, have your military training evaluated for college credit, and to utilize any military benefits you may be eligible to receive. These benefits can include federal tuition assistance or state funding.

Can I receive college credit for my military training?

Yes. Delaware Valley University awards college credit for training that has been evaluated and recommended by the American Council on Education. To request an official evaluation of your military training for college credit, please have your official transcripts sent to:
Delaware Valley University
Military and Veterans Affairs Office - Elson Hall
Attn: Kerr Smith
700 East Butler Avenue
Doylestown, Pa. 18901

I plan on using Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) to pay for my tuition. How does the registration and financial check-in process work?

Contact our certifying officer Kerr Smith to receive detailed instructions on what steps you should take in order to apply for Federal Tuition Assistance.

Who is eligible for the Post-9/11 veterans’ benefits?

Veterans who have served at least 90 days of active duty service after September 10, 2001, and who received an honorable discharge will qualify for the Post-9/11 veterans’ benefits. To qualify for the full benefit, a veteran must have served at least 3 years of active duty after September 10, 2001. Those veterans who qualify for the Active Duty veterans’ benefits, the Reserve veterans’ benefits or REAP will have the option to choose which benefit best suits their need.

Member Services/% of Max Benefit Payable

  • At least 36 mo./100%
  • At least 30 continuous days on active duty and must be discharged due to service-connected disability/100%
  • At least 30 mo., less than 36 mo./90%
  • At least 24 mo., less than 30 mo./80%
  • At least 18 mo., less than 24 mo./70%
  • At least 12 mo., less than 18 mo./60%
  • At least 6 mo., less than 12 mo./50%
  • At least 90 days, less than 6 mo./40%

Who is eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?

Only individuals entitled to the maximum benefit rate (based on service requirements) may receive this funding. Therefore, you may be eligible if:
• You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001, of at least 36 months;
• You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001;
• You are a dependent eligible for transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 veterans’ benefits based on a veteran’s service under the eligibility criteria listed above.

I am eligible for the veterans’ benefits/VA Benefits. How can I start receiving those benefits?

To begin utilizing these benefits, you must first complete certain VA paperwork before enrolling in classes. Please click on the applicable benefit listed below and follow the guide provided:

  • Chapter 30: Montgomery veterans’ benefits (Active Duty)
  • Chapter 33: Post-9/11 veterans’ benefits
  • Chapter 1606: Montgomery veterans’ benefits (Selected Reserves)
  • Chapter 1607: Reservist Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
  • Chapter 35: Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program
  • Chapter 31: VA Vocational Rehabilitation

Who can I contact with more questions?

Kerr Smith, Director of Military and Veterans Affairs
215.489.2914 or