“No one has to do everything, but everyone can do something.”
Through the Green Dot strategy that teaches, “No one has to do everything, but everyone can do something”, DelVal’s goal is to foster a campus community where power-based violence is not and will not be welcomed or tolerated, and where all are welcome and encouraged to thrive.
The Green Dot Strategy:
- Invites people to reconsider their role in preventing (re-branding)
- Inspires people to believe things can be different and their contribution matters
- Engages people in education that will equip with the motivation, knowledge, & skill needed to take action
- Strengthens new behaviors through reinforcement, practice, and multiple exposures to key messages
- Sustains changes through integrating key messages into permanent infrastructure Questions?
What is a Green Dot?
A green dot is a small, single moment in time when someone makes the choice through words or actions to reduce the likelihood of another incident of power based personal violence from occurring. A green dot does not have to be a BIG thing, it can be a small thing:
- hanging a prevention poster in an office or residence hall
- wearing a green dot pin
- sharing the Green Dot link or another link about violence prevention and bystander intervention on social media
- attending an Overview Talk session
- having conversations with colleagues and friends about how important this issue is to you
- simply your individual choice at any given moment to bring positive change to the campus culture
More about Green Dot (PDF)