The Founders' Ceremony is an annual event that recognizes the academic success of our students, and the leadership of faculty, staff and administration who continue to make DelVal such a rich and vibrant institution.
The Founders' Ceremony is part of the Delaware Valley University Day of Scholarship.
- Founders' Award is the University's top honor, presented to a senior who has demonstrated outstanding leadership ability and involvement with the campus and the community. The Founders' Award recipient is announced at the event.
- University Scholars Award recognizes graduating students who have been on Dean's List for all of their semesters at the University (minimum of five semesters).
- Presidential Scholar Award is presented to the senior with the highest GPA in the graduating class.
- Frank Wolfgang Scholar Athlete Award is presented to a senior male and female who are the epitome of a Division III student-athlete, living up to the motto of "discover, develop and dedicate."
- Departmental Achievement Awards are presented to the outstanding senior in each academic department.
- Student Government Awards are presented to a faculty member, a staff person and a member of the administration for their outstanding contributions to students.
- Graduate School Scholar Award recognizes a graduating student who demonstrates a commitment to excellence in learning, maintains a GPA of 3.75 or higher, excels in the interdisciplinary character of graduate-level work, has the ability to influence and inspire colleagues, has positively represented the program of study and institution, and has shown the potential to make a significant contribution to their field of study or chosen profession.
- Champion of Diversity and Inclusion Award is sponsored by the President's Commission on Diversity to celebrate members of our community for their efforts to promote diversity and inclusion on our campus, bringing our core value to Respect All People to life.
- Academic Honor Society graduating members are acknowledged. Alpha Lambda Delta, Delta Tau Alpha, Kappa Delta Pi, Order of Omega and Sigma Beta Delta are the national honor societies at the University.
- Distinguished Faculty Award is the most prestigious faculty award at Delaware Valley University. Members of the faculty nominate deserving colleagues for the award in recognition of outstanding performance in teaching excellence, availability to students through advising and co-curricular activities, and contributions to the university community, both on and off-campus.
- DVU Professorship Award recognizes a faculty member, who by their intelligence, proven teaching ability and research accomplishments, has advanced the university’s learning atmosphere and reputation both on and off campus. Members of the faculty nominate their colleagues who exemplify the attributes of this award.
- John Herbst Memorial Staff Member of the Year Award is awarded to a staff member in honor of John Herbst, a past employee of the University who was known for his love for DelVal.