The Blackboard Learning SystemTM is a state-of-the-art web-based content management system that enhances the teaching and learning process. Blackboard is Delaware Valley College's e-learning platform for managing the delivery of course materials via the Web. Faculty can appreciate the intuitive, easy-to-use platform, while students can enjoy having a centralized place to check homework assignments and retrieve class materials.
The degree to which Blackboard is used in a course varies. For example, instructors may supplement an on-campus class by putting their syllabus and handouts on their course sites. In contrast, other courses may be conducted entirely through Blackboard, without any on-campus sessions. If you are enrolled in a course that uses Blackboard, be sure to find out how Blackboard will be used in that course.
Directions to Access Blackboard
Blackboard can be accessed through the Campus Portal.
Portal Login Notes
If you do not know your login, please contact Support at 215.489.HELP (4357).
- Log In ID is in the format of last name + first initial + middle initial (if recorded) + last 4 numbers of your student ID.
- Passwords are initially set as a 6 digit number. These are mailed/emailed to you after you register for your first course at DelVal.
- Log In ID is the same as your WebAdvisor/Datatel username. This is typically in the format of last name + first initial.
- Passwords are initially set as a 6 digit number. These were emailed to you in April and again in August.
Where to find Blackboard
Once logged in, click on the Blackboard tab at the top of the portal page.
If you would like to preview Blackboard before you receive your DelVal portal login information, click on this link, then click on User Login.
Enter User ID: preview and Password: preview. Once you are logged in, you will have access to two introductory courses.
For technical support or questions, please contact the Help Desk.
- On Campus - x4357 (HELP)
- Off Campus - 215.489.4357 (215.489.HELP)
- Email – email@example.com
Please note that live support is only available during regular business hours.
Further Information on Blackboard
Detailed information and Blackboard resources are available for students and faculty under the Blackboard tab on the Campus Portal.