Configuring DelVal Exchange email on an Android based phone
For email to work properly the following is required:
- Android OS 2.2 or higher.
- Screen lock enabled with a password/pin code, if not already setup exchange email setup will have you enable this.
Open Applications tray, select My Accounts
- Select Add Account
- You will be at the Set-Up accounts menu with several other social network icons.
Tap on Corporate Sync:
Enter: Domain name\user name (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
(Note: DEVALCOL.EDU should not be confused with DELVAL.EDU)
- Enter Password
- Use secure server should be checked.
- Enter Email address (example: email@example.com)
- Enter Exchange Server Address (webmail.delval.edu)
- Enter: Domain name\user name (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tap on Next to submit settings. Handset will check with server and verify if successful. If screen turns black (based on your display timeout setting), just tap the power button or Back hard key.
Select the Corporate Sync account you wish to modify.
Your Corporate Sync Exchange account settings will be displayed
Verify the items you want synced are checked.
Click on arrow underneath "Sync messages for" to select how far back you will pull / sync messages from your corporate exchange account. (1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, All)
Keep in mind if you have messages older than this setting, those email messages will not sync over.