Please send all firewall change requests to email@example.com. Not all requests will be able to be done for various reasons, especially security concerns. At a minimum, you will have to provide us with the following information:
- source of traffic (ex: your computer)
- destination of traffic (ex: http://www.microsoft.com or the ip address of the remote server)
- firewall port(s) (ex: tcp port 3869 or udp port 5007)
- what application or reason you have for requesting this change
- how long you will need this firewall change to last
- other information may be required dependingon the situation
Firewall changes can take different amounts of time to complete depending on the complexity of the request. A basic request can take up to a day while more complex changes may require you to assist with the troubleshooting of the application. This will take longer. Occasionally problems arise and the firewall change will not be able to be completed. We will try our best to prevent this from happening.