How do I connect my PC or Laptop to the college's network?
How do I connect my PC or Laptop to a wireless network?
What are the minimum requirements to use the network?
What should I bring with me to be able to connect?
Why is my internet connection very slow or not working?
What is the campus network policy?
Simply plug your computer into the wall jack using an ethernet cable. If you do not have a cable, you can purchase one at the DelVal Bookstore. When you first try to go on the web you will be prompted to download the Clean Access Agent, or if you already have it installed, you will be prompted to log into the network.
- First, make sure you are in an area covered by a wireless access point. Our listing of covered areas is on the Tech Map.
- Next, make sure that the wireless system is enabled on your Laptop. Many new laptops will have a switch or button to turn it on or off, which usually lights up when on. On some, you will need to use function (Fn) and one of your "F" keys, such as F2. There is usually a picture of an antenna or radio tower.
- Once you are sure you're wireless is turned on, look for an icon in your system tray (the icons to the left of the clock). Hold the mouse over each icon for a description. Usually, you will see an icon with a red X through it that will be described as wireless networking. Double click on it and you should get a listing of detected wireless networks.
- After that, double click on the network named "RESNET" and it should connect. It will show signal level, and if it is too low or you are too far away it may not connect or stay connected.
- Finally, log on using the Clean Access Agent with your username and password.
Please Note, if you are using specific software from the manufacturer of you laptop or wireless network card, the icons and screens may look slightly different than the standard Windows wireless screens. Please consult the specific documentation for your product, although it should be very similar.
|Processor||Pentium 4/D/Core or AMD Athlon/Turion|
|Operating System||Windows XP or Windows Vista|
|Memory||512MB or Greater|
|Hard Drive||40 Gigabyte or Greater|
|Network Card||10/100/1000 Ethernet or Wireless 802.11|
|System configurations below the minimum may work, but will not be supported. Please contact us if you are unsure.|
All you will need to bring is a network capable PC or Laptop that meets the minimum requirements. An ethernet cable is recommended, but can be purchased on campus if you do not have one. Wired Routers, Wireless Routers, Switches and other network devices are NOT allowed.
During peak usage hours, the speed of the internet connection may slow. You can help reduce this slowdown by closing peer-to-peer programs when you are not using them and by trying not to leave streaming music or video running when you are not at your computer.
Also, virus and spyware infections are a common cause of slow or broken internet connections. Please make sure your PC is protected and clean. You can use our PC Protection and Cleaning Guide to help optimize your computer.
You can read our network policy in detail at this location.