The STARs Scholarship Database has reopened! Please review the tips below before logging onto the site.
Please remember - You must be a current DelVal student to apply for the scholarships listed in the STARS program.
Remember when you apply, use the status that you are anticipating for fall 2013. You must register as a full-time student for fall 2013 (12 or more credits) to be considered for these scholarships.
- Sophomore: 28 - 59 credits
- Junior: 60 - 91 credits
- Senior: more than 91 credits
Before beginning the online application, you should have the following information readily available.
- Delaware Valley College ID# - you must add a zero to the beginning of your ID. If your number is 123456, make it 0123456.
- Number of credits you will complete by the end of spring semester
- Cumulative GPA (estimated cumulative GPA at the end of spring semester)
Program of Study - Please review the Program of Study to be certain which program your major is considered to belong before applying through the STARS program. Please note that it is extremely important that you select the correct program of study for your major.
- Agriculture and Environmental Studies Program - includes majors under agriculture and animal studies, natural resources and Biosystems management and secondary ed. agriculture
- Arts and Sciences Program
- Other Program (Associate Degree Programs)
Free form essay question responses can be prepared in a word document ahead of logging in. To answer each question, click on the “Edit” button, enter your response and click “Submit” for each individual question.
Question topics may require you to:
- List any campus clubs and organizations that you have participated in during your college career, including the dates of involvement. Please list any office you have held.
- List any honors you have received during your college career.
- List any work experience or community service you have completed during your college career, including dates of service.
- Write a short statement outlining your goals within your major.
To use the STARS system, you must have Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari.
Follow the online wizard to set up your student account which will prompt you to create a unique username and password. Make note of the username and password you have chosen as you will use this from year to year application.
The wizard will also walk you through a series of questions relating to background, academic history, education, and the free-form essay questions.
Remember when completing each section of the application, click "Save and Exit" or "Save and Continue" at the bottom of each page. This information will be used to identify scholarships for which you may be eligible.
Once you have completed the questionnaires and free-form essay, you will be able to view the list of Recommended Scholarships. These are the scholarships you are most likely to qualify. When you select to apply for a scholarship, you will simply need to verify your qualifications by clicking the box next to the appropriate criteria. You may also need to complete an essay if required. When complete, click "Apply Now."
You can log on as often as you need to complete your applications. The Deadline for applications is April 12th, 2013.
Be sure to file the 2013-14 FAFSA as soon as possible, as many scholarships are need based. You can complete the STARS applications before filing the FAFSA. However, your 2013-2014 FAFSA must be completed by May 1, 2013 to be considered for need-based scholarships.
If you have questions on the STARS application, please e-mail email@example.com.