As a graduate student, you may be eligible for Federal Aid. Listed below are the steps and requirements.
Financial Aid Process
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please indicate if you are a first-year graduate/professional or continuing graduate/professional or beyond for the academic level. Be sure to indicate the information be sent to Delaware Valley College, code number 003252.
- FAFSA information will be reviewed to determine eligibility for the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan program.
- Additional forms may be required including information on tuition reimbursement from an employer. The Office of Financial Aid will contact you if this information is needed.
- Post-graduate certificate programs are not eligible for federal loan funding.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans are available to matriculating students enrolled in at least 3 credits per term. Students must file the FAFSA to be considered.
- For more information and to complete an application for the Direct Loan, visit www.studentloans.gov. Graduate-level Direct Loan levels are a maximum of $20,500 per year.
- Graduate PLUS loans are also available for graduate students. After unsubsidized direct loans are exhausted a Grad PLUS can assist with costs. Subject to credit approval. Visit www.studentloans.gov to apply and for more information.
- Private Educational Loans should be accessed after exhausting the Federal Direct Loan Program. Terms and conditions are determined by the lender through review of the applicant’s credit history and market conditions. Information on private educational loans can be found at www.Elmselect.com or www.delval.edu/finaid/finance under Student Alternative Loans.
- Fill out the Student Financial Aid Application and return to the financial aid office.
- Make sure all forms are filed in a timely manner for financial aid review to be completed.
- Report any changes of enrollment to the financial aid office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the bursar’s office with questions regarding billing, refunds and/or discrepancies at 215.489.2376 or email@example.com.
- Further questions about financial aid can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 215.489.2272.
The financial aid office is located on the second floor of Lasker Hall. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.