The Leadership Development Program provides students with leadership knowledge and behaviors developed through a cycle of practice, reflection and integration of an expert body of knowledge. Students will complete the activity within the context of a leadership position within a DelVal student organization or athletic team of choice.
The leadership position utilized:
- Must direct the efforts of a group of people working toward a common goal
- Must be responsible for group outcomes
- Must be engaged in relations with group members
- Must spend a minimum of 40 hours dedicated to the leadership role over the semester
- Must be supported by an advisor, coach or supervisor who can provide the leader with ongoing feedback and mentoring
The program includes completing a workbook in which the student identifies learning objectives, completes reflection activities and receives evaluation and guidance from direct supervisors and Office of Student Involvement staff.
Questions? Contact Andrew Moyer, director of student involvement at: Andrew.Moyer@delval.edu, 215.489.4665 or in the student affairs suite in the Student Center (2nd floor).