This upper-level course is designed to facilitate and support a student’s academic internship experience. The internship experience is intended to provide the student with a meaningful experiential opportunity related to his/her major and career goals. The internship serves as an opportunity for the student to develop industry knowledge and gain additional skills in preparation for post-graduation opportunities. The hours spent at the organization compose the majority of time required for this course. Each student will establish measurable learning objectives for the internship at the outset, as well as complete reflective assignments. As the Academic Internship is a course, students receive credits for what they learn through their field-related experience, not only for the experience itself. Instructors will evaluate your learning experience based on the reflection of the student’s achievement of objectives and goals.
- Must have successfully completed the Introduction to Experiential Learning or DelVal Experience I & II course.
- Minimum of 45 credits (15 completed at Delaware Valley College)
- Minimum 2.5 GPA cumulative
- Willing to participate in a work/learning experience
- Responsible ambassador for DelVal to the community
To participate in an Internship for academic E360 credit (formeraly ExLP credit), follow these steps:
Utilize DelVal’s Center for Student Professional Development (CSPD) resources (in Segal Hall):
- Prepare your resume; meet with E360 advisor to review and edit
- Establish a ExperienceLink account (CSPD’s web-based job posting system)
Upload your updated resume – once uploaded, you can apply to positions and sometimes, employers will view resumes via our Resume Book to recruit you specifically!
Explore and apply to opportunities via:
- CSPD leads via ExperienceLink postings
- CSPD recruiting and networking events
- Personal contacts
Meet with E360 advisor to discuss networking and outreach opportunities
Apply for Academic E360 Credit
- Review the Internship Policies and Guidelines – make sure to check out the prerequisites to make sure you meet the requirements!
- If participating in the activity to meet your graduation requirement, review your Academic Department’s Requirements
Meet with your CEE site supervisor to discuss learning objectives (you must include learning objectives for your experience on Activity Application Form)
Check out this document for help on learning objectives
Online registration is coming soon! Check your student email account in late October for information on spring semester registration. You will be able to log-on to ExperienceLink to complete the Activity Application Form via the Experiential Learning module.
- You must review and comply with all Internship Program, Delaware Valley College and Employer site policies, procedures and expectations. Your signature on the application indicates that you understand and agree to Internship Program and College policies.
Your application will be forwarded to your site supervisor and department chair via email so that they can verify and approve your position and learning objectives.
- Once approved, you will receive an email. You will then be registered for the course in WebAdvisor.
- End of the Add period of term registering (see Academic Calendar)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org