IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR PERKINS BORROWERS:
DELVAL'S NEW PERKINS LOAN SERVICER IS HEARTLAND ECSI
We are pleased to announce that beginning May 1, 2017 the servicing of your Perkins loan is managed by Heartland ECSI ("ECSI"), a leading provider of student loan services. Our contract with ACS was completed on April 30, 2017. From now on, your Perkins loan account will be accessible online through ECSI rather than ACS.
In April, we sent a notification letter to each of our borrowers about the change in servicers. It took several business days to complete the transfer of data between ACS and ECSI.
On May 11, ECSI mailed introductory letters to our borrowers with the information you will need to access your Perkins loan account online, make payments if your loan is in repayment, and contact ECSI customer service. For borrowers who are in repayment, ECSI mailed the bill for your June payment on May 21 with a due date of June 10.
Be sure to open all communications from ECSI. If there are any other individuals who sort your mail or who are helping you with your Perkins loan payments, please be sure to inform them of the change from ACS to ECSI.
PERKINS LOAN EXIT INTERVIEW
Upon graduation or withdrawal from the University, students are required by federal regulations to complete online exit counseling in order to learn their responsibilities as a borrower of federal Perkins loan funds. A Perkins exit interview hold is placed on the student's account, which prevents the release of official transcripts or diplomas. Within 2 business days after a student completes the online exit interview, the hold will be removed from the student's account.
To access the Perkins loan exit interview, go to the ECSI borrower website at the following link:
If you have not already set up a profile with ECSI:
- Click on the red Register Now link at the bottom of the home page.
- Create your user name and password.
- Set up your profile.
- To connect your profile to your Perkins loan account, you will need to enter your Heartland Key, which is your encrypted account number. The Heartland Key was included in the introductory letter that was sent to you by ECSI on May 11, 2017. If you cannot locate the letter, please call ECSI customer service at 1.888.549.3274 and ask them to email your Heartland Key.
- Click on Connect.
- After you have set up your profile and linked it to your Perkins loan account, you will need to sign back in to ECSI with the user name and password that you created.
If you have set up your ECSI profile, click on the Sign In or Register link in the top right corner and sign in.
After you sign in on the ECSI borrower website:
- Select Student Loans & Receivables if more than one account is listed. (Tax Statements may also be listed as an option, if there are any 1098-T forms on file with ECSI.)
- Click on the gray View Account button.
- Go to the Documents tab.
- Click on the green Review & Sign link on the right.
- It may take 20 to 30 minutes to complete the exit interview.
PERKINS LOAN EXIT PACKET
If you need a new Perkins loan exit packet to replace the one that was mailed to you, please print the documents listed below.
- Cover letter (PDF): Includes contact information for the Perkins loan coordinator.
- Perkins Loan Exit Interview Instructions (PDF)
- Perkins Loan Servicer Information (PDF): Contact information for ECSI, the company that will began our Perkins loans in May 2017.
- Perkins loan rights and responsibilities (PDF): Summarizes terms and conditions of the Perkins master promissory note and consequences of defaulting on the loan. Describes eligibility under certain circumstances for deferment, forbearance, cancellation, or discharge of your loan.
- Frequently asked questions about Perkins loan repayment (PDF): Information that will help you to keep your Perkins loan account in good standing.