Upon graduation or withdrawal from the University, students are required to complete online exit counseling in order to learn their responsibilities as a borrower of federal Perkins loan funds. A Perkins exit interview hold is placed on the student's account, which prevents the release of official transcripts or diplomas. Within 2 business days after a student completes the online exit interview, the hold will be removed from the student's account.
To complete the Perkins exit counseling, go to the Perkins Loan Exit Interview. Make sure you select "Exit counseling" rather than "Entrance counseling."
If you need a new Perkins loan exit packet to replace the one that was mailed to you, you may download the forms below.
- Cover letter (PDF): Includes contact information for the Perkins loan coordinator.
- Perkins exit interview instructions (PDF): How to access the required online exit counseling. This exit interview is separate from the Direct/Stafford loan exit counseling, which is accessed at https://www.nslds.ed.gov.
- Perkins FERPA release (PDF): To authorize disclosure of Perkins loan information by DelVal, ACS, and any other contractors or agents to another person.
- ACS welcome letter (PDF): Contact information for ACS, the company that handles the Perkins loan billing and payments for DelVal.
- Perkins loan rights and responsibilities (PDF): Summarizes terms and conditions of the Perkins master promissory note and consequences of defaulting on the loan. Describes eligibility under certain circumstances for deferment, forbearance, cancellation, or discharge of your loan.
- Frequently asked questions about Perkins loan repayment (PDF): Information that will help you to keep your Perkins loan account in good standing.