IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DELVAL PERKINS BORROWERS: OUR PERKINS LOAN SERVICER WILL CHANGE FROM ACS TO HEARTLAND ECSI
We are pleased to announce that beginning May 1, 2017 the servicing of your Perkins loan will be managed by Heartland ECSI, a leading provider of student loan services. Our contract with ACS will be completed on April 30, 2017.
In May, you will begin to receive communications from Heartland ECSI; receive instructions on how to access your Perkins account through Heartland ECSI; and receive contact information for Heartland ECSI customer service. If your loan is already in repayment, you will begin to receive bills from Heartland ECSI and will make payments to Heartland ECSI.
Until April 30, you will continue to receive communications from and send any Perkins payments to ACS. Make sure that you open all communications from ACS and ECSI.
If there are any individuals who sometimes sort your mail or who are helping you with your Perkins loan payments, please be sure to inform them of the upcoming change from ACS to Heartland ECSI.
PERKINS LOAN EXIT INTERVIEW
Upon graduation or withdrawal from the University, students are required to complete online exit counseling in order to learn their responsibilities as a borrower of federal Perkins loan funds. A Perkins exit interview hold is placed on the student's account, which prevents the release of official transcripts or diplomas. Within 2 business days after a student completes the online exit interview, the hold will be removed from the student's account.
To complete the Perkins exit counseling until April 30, go to the Perkins Loan Exit Interview. Make sure you select "Exit counseling" rather than "Entrance counseling."
If you do not complete the exit counseling by April 30, please contact Bonnie Labowsky in the Office of the Bursar at 215.489.2376 (select Option 4) to obtain updated instructions for accessing the online exit counseling through Heartland ECSI.
If you need a new Perkins loan exit packet to replace the one that was mailed to you, please request one from our office or print the documents listed below, which are valid during April 2017 and will be updated in May when Heartland ECSI takes over DelVal's Perkins loan servicing.
- Cover letter (PDF): Includes contact information for the Perkins loan coordinator.
- Perkins exit interview instructions (PDF): How to access the required Perkins loan online exit counseling, until April 30, 2017. Beginning in May, borrowers will access the exit counseling through Heartland ECSI and these instructions will be updated. This exit interview is separate from the Direct/Stafford loan exit counseling, which is accessed at https://www.nslds.ed.gov.
- Perkins FERPA release (PDF): To authorize disclosure of Perkins loan information by DelVal, ACS, and any other contractors or agents to another person.
- Perkins Loan Servicer Information (PDF): Information about ACS, the company that will service our Perkins loans until April 30, 2017, and about Heartland ECSI, the company that will begin servicing our Perkins loans in May 2017.
- Perkins loan rights and responsibilities (PDF): Summarizes terms and conditions of the Perkins master promissory note and consequences of defaulting on the loan. Describes eligibility under certain circumstances for deferment, forbearance, cancellation, or discharge of your loan.
- Frequently asked questions about Perkins loan repayment (PDF): Information that will help you to keep your Perkins loan account in good standing.