Athletes Announced to Honor Roll and All-Academic, Fall Sportsmanship Teams
Dec 04, 2007
This year, Delaware Valley College has 24 student-athletes named to the Middle Atlantic States Collegiate Athletic Corporation (MASCAC) Fall All-Academic Team. To be eligible for the award, a student-athlete must be at least a sophomore in class standing and maintain a 3.20 or higher cumulative grade point average.
Named to the all-academic team were:
- Cross Country (Men) - Dan Fenstermacher (biology) and James Hammond (dairy science)
- Cross Country (Women) - Amanda Barr (zoo science), Sara Brown (ornamental horticulture), Melissa Plourde (food service management) and Brittany Schwartz (equine studies)
- Field Hockey - Lauren Lansberry (large animal science), Bethany Pavlik (equine science and management) and Katie Richter (zoo science)
- Football - Gordon Davis (secondary education), Greg Rissinger (social sciences), Nick Shute (criminal justice) and Ralph Stambaugh (criminal justice)
- Soccer (Men) - Tom Drummond (sports management) and Kery Swope (agribusiness)
- Soccer (Women) - Cortney Bower (small animal science), Nicki Martini (food service management) and Emily Perryman (small animal science)
- Volleyball - Christen Hartman (large animal science), Jackie Holdsworth (biology), Kate Klish (small animal science), Ashley Unger (zoo science), Andrea Wolf (business) and Bonnie Zobel (biology)
Delaware Valley also had 7 of its student-athletes named to the first annual Middle Atlantic States Collegiate Athletic Corporation (MASCAC) Fall Sportsmanship Teams. The teams include a player from each conference school who has demonstrated exceptional sportsmanship through their action on and off the field during the season. The honorees were selected by the players and coaches from each school.
Named to the sportsmanship teams were:
- Cross Country (Men) - Dan Fenstermacher (biology)
- Cross Country (Women) - Sara Brown (ornamental horticulture)
- Field Hockey - Lauren Lansberry (large animal science)
- Football - Mike Isgro (secondary education)
- Soccer (Men) - Tom Drummond (sports management)
- Soccer (Women) - Cortney Bower (small animal science)
- Volleyball - Danielle Ford (equine science and management)
Moira Donohue (business) of the women's basketball team was named to the conference honor roll for her performance this past week. She averaged 27.5 points per game and helped lead the team to two victories.
Athletics information provided courtesy of Matthew Levy, Sports Information Director. Please contact 215-489-2937 or Matthew.Levy@delval.edu for more information.