Ducks Unlimited First Annual Sportsman DinnerWhere
The Waterwheel Restaurant & Banquet Facility
November 23, 2013
6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Ticket price: $35 (includes dinner and 1 year membership)
Casual, buffet style meal, and various raffle and silent auction items including outdoor gear, artwork and ladies items.
The Ducks Unlimited Chapter at DelVal:
- Raises money for DU national to buy land and perform research
- Educate the campus and community about the importance of wetland and waterfowl conservation
- Gives students a chance to be a part of a world renowned national conservation organization
- Allows students to travel to famous wintering grounds and to survey and learn about various waterfowl species
- Students are beginning an on-going research conservation project with wood duck boxes and their success on Gemmil and Roth Campuses
- Designing and possible implementation of a wetland remediation project at Roth Campus
- Participating at a youth day at the PA sportsman expo in February
- Raise awareness and funds at A-day
- Participate in homecoming and pride and polish
The chapter has accomplished a great deal in their first year and is the only student chapter in the surrounding 5 states.