Who We Are
The National Order of Omega was founded at the University of Miami in the Fall of 1959 by a group of outstanding fraternity men who felt that individuals in the Greek community should be recognized for their service to the fraternity system and the University. There are now over three hundred chapters in the United States. The Upsilon Chi Chapter of Order of Omega was chartered at Delaware Valley College in the Fall of 2006. Students involved with Fraternity and Sorority Life that have shown outstanding leadership abilities both on and off campus while maintaining an outstanding academic record are invited to join this pretigous honor society each semester.
Goals and Activities
- To recognize those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to encourage them to continue along this line and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment
- To bring together outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization that will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness
- To help create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions
- To recognize outstanding student leaders and scholars at DelVal through various programming
- To provide a scholarship program to the local community that recognizes outstanding leadership and academics before students choose to go to college
Joining Order of Omega
Each semester, applications will be made available to all Fraternities and Sororities through the Inter-Greek Council. Individuals who wish to apply should have at least a 3.3 cululative GPA and some type of leadership or community involvement for the committee to consider.
For more information, please contact Student Involvement.