Rehearsal is promptly at 4 p.m. on Friday, the day before Commencement, under the tent and will last approximately one hour.
It is required that all seniors attend to receive general information regarding Commencement, honors cords, assigned seating, etc.
If you are unable to attend, please contact Lex Islinger at 215.489.2415 prior to rehearsal.
It is important to note that in order to attend Commencement, you apply for graduation.
What is the schedule for Commencement?
- Commencement is held Saturday morning on the Quad in front of Lasker Hall.
- A continental breakfast will be served in the Student Center Courtyard from 7:45 to 9:45 a.m. for graduates and their families. In the event of inclement weather, breakfast will be served in the Levin Dining Hall Lobby.
- A Baccalaureate Service will be held from 9 to 9:45 a.m. in Block Chapel.
- Graduating students will report, in their caps, gowns and hoods, to the marshaling area between Work and Centennial Halls, and line up no later than 10 a.m. for their entrance into the Commencement tent. In the event of inclement weather, students will gather in the lounge and under the portico of Work Hall. The processional will begin promptly at 10:15 a.m.
- Commencement Ceremonies begin promptly at 10:30 a.m.
- Please make arrangements to meet your family and friends following the ceremony in a predetermined location to help minimize congestion.
- The Commencement reception will be held from 12:15 through 2 p.m. for graduates and their families in the Moumgis Auditorium located in the Student Center.
Where are the Quad, Lasker Hall, Work Hall, Centennial Hall, the Moumgis Auditorium, and Block Chapel located?
The location of College buildings and facilities can be viewed by viewing the campus map.
How long does the Commencement Ceremony last?
The length of the ceremony is approximately 90 minutes.
Do I need tickets for Commencement?
No, tickets are not required.
Where do I find a Commencement Program?
Programs will be distributed to guests by the ushers prior to the Commencement exercises. Please refer to the insert for information regarding restroom facilities, health services, security office, handicap parking and other important information.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
Commencement will be held under a tent on the Quad, rain or shine. Please plan accordingly by wearing the proper attire.
What is the appropriate dress for the weekend’s events?
Family members and guests are encouraged to dress comfortably, taking weather conditions into account.
Where do I park?
Parking is available in all campus parking lots.
Do you offer handicapped parking/seating?
The Segal Hall parking area and the lot behind Lasker Hall are reserved for handicapped parking.
Will I be able to take pictures during the ceremony?
Photography is allowed during the Commencement events; however, we discourage guests from disrupting the ceremony or blocking the views of other guests. Professional photographers will be taking photos of the graduates during the ceremony.
Where can I find help the day of Commencement?
Public safety officers, ushers and volunteers will be available on campus to assist guests and answer questions.
How do I receive my diploma?
Diplomas will be mailed to the address provided on your graduation application. In order to receive your diploma, you must have fulfilled all financial obligations and academic requirements.
What if I have additional questions?
- Undergraduate, full-time day students: Office of Student Affairs, 215.489.2415 or Office of Academic Affairs, 215.489.2910
- Continuing Education undergraduate students: Office of Continuing Education, 215.489.2375 or 215.489.4848
- Graduate students: Office of Graduate Education, 215.489.2955