Organic Farming Program
Upon completion of the course, veterans will be given a certificate in organic management and awarded job placement, a business plan, or the opportunity to further their education. The Department of Labor shows that the national unemployment rate for veterans ages 18 to 44 was 13.9%, compared to 9.7% for non-veterans of the same age group.
Areas of Study
• Principles of Sustainable Agriculture
• Commercial Vegetable Production
• Agricultural Entomology
• Introduction to Animal Science
• Weed Science
• Integrated Pest Management
• Organic Production
• Marketing Horticultural Products
• Post Harvest
• Plant Disease
• Experiential Learning
• Study at Rodale Farms
DelVal is proud to be a Yellow Ribbon School. Veterans* who are eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill will have up to 100% of their tuition paid by their GI Bill, in addition to receiving funds for housing and books.
* Spouses and dependents are also eligible to use any remaining GI Bill benefits.
For more information, contact:
Dennis.Riling@delval.edu or 215.808.4640