This five-week course is for people entering or wishing to enter the medical billing and coding field or seeking employment in a physician office environment.
You'll become familiar with
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Disease processes and diagnosis
- Medical terminology
- Patient reports
- Various medical procedures
- Use of ICD-9 (International Classification of Diseases)
- CPT procedure coding
- Evaluation and Management Coding
- HIPPA Guidelines
- Medical billing
- Medical claim submission
- Medical denials and appeals process
Instructor: Angie DeAlbuquerque, RN, BSN and Linda Davis
Student is responsible for purchasing the text books:
- Medical Terminology for Health Professionals, 7th edition, ISBN 9781111543273
- 2012 CPT Standard Edition American Medical Association ISBN 9781603595674
- 2012 ICD-9-CM Standard Edition American Medical Association ISBN 9781455707126
Fall dates and times will be released soon. Let us know if you would like to be notified when they become available.
To enroll in this course complete the registration form or call 215-489-4848.