Programming that develops interests, expands horizons, entertains or introduces new skills.
Show Me Courses For These Terms
Planning a visit to France or a French-speaking country? Enjoy learning and expanding your horizons? Or perhaps you'd just like to reap some benefit from the hours you spent studying French in high school or college, when you didn’t appreciate the value and joy of communicating in another language. It’s fun ordering in French at a restaurant, or saying a few sentences in French to French speakers. And nothing makes travel more enjoyable than conversing with the residents of another country in their native language. Our instructor will guide you along and make learning easy and enjoyable. Venez pour apprendre… rester pour le plaisir! Come to learn…stay for the fun!
PRD 782 001
- Look for another session coming soon! (last offered spring 2015),
Delaware Valley College, Main Campus
Creating a Successful Coaching Practice
Are you a coach focusing on one or more of the following areas: life, relationships, sports, business, success, nutrition, peak performance, transformation, holistic, health or spirituality? Appropriate for the seasoned or newer coach, this course helps you gain the knowledge necessary to take a coaching practice to the next level. In this program, you will learn the skills that Jon Satin and Chris Pattay, The Possibility Coaches™, have mastered over the last 14 years, to create a successful, flourishing international coaching practice.
Jon and Chris will teach you how to grow your practice ensuring that it is in alignment with your personal style and talents, and to understand how your personal growth directly affects your coaching. Identify your “blind-spots” and eliminate self-limiting fears and be a more powerful and impactful coach!
In this course you will:
- Become a more confident and courageous coach
- Learn how to demonstrate your unique value as a coach
- Increase sign-up ratios
- Treat your coaching practice as a prosperous business
- Provide a memorable coaching experience filled with relatability, authenticity and solutions
PRD 240 001
- Tuesday, March 7, 2017, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 7-8:30 p.m.
Delaware Valley University
Jon Satin and Chris Pattay – The Possibility Coaches
Jon Satin, MBA and Chris Pattay, BBA are success and transformational coaches, business consultants, seminar facilitators, published authors, and entrepreneurs. Since founding Possibility Coaches in 2002, they have been actively exploring the human experience and condition, empowering individuals and business owners worldwide to live a life of meaning, passion and purpose. Learn more about Jon and Chris, read their blog and follow them on social media.
Drone Training for The Beginner
Through both classroom and outdoor flight training, students learn the basics of drone equipment and flight. Over the course of this eight-hour interactive and hands-on course, students will be introduced to:
1. The types of drones and their uses
2. FAA drone rules and regulations, and how to fly safely
3. Programming a drone
4. Flight basics: App settings, home points, failsafe settings, and intelligent navigation features
5. Emergency procedures
PRD 120 002
- Saturday, May 6, 2017, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Delaware Valley University
Students must provide their own drone.
Paul Caskey is the Vice President of Technology at Drone Imaging. His role is to manage the design and construction of custom unmanned aerial systems for a variety of applications and also manage all firmware design and backend image processing. Paul received a BSEE from Penn State University, with a concentration in microwave engineering. He has an entrepreneurial background and was the founder and president of Laser Vision, Inc. and then subsequently Omnivision Telecommunications, Inc. (OTI). After leaving OTI, Paul founded Enterprise Networks, an internet service company delivering wireless high speed internet to businesses in Philadelphia and Los Angeles.
French Immersion for Travelers
An enjoyable introduction to French for anyone planning a visit to France or a French-speaking country. Nothing makes travel more memorable or special than speaking with citizens of another country in their native language. The course is also for students who studied French in high school or college and are looking for a stress-free way to reacquaint with the language, as well as for the curious who "always wanted to learn French," but aren’t quite sure how to get started. You found the right place here. Allez-y… c'est amusant! Come on… it's fun!
PRD 786 001
- Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Delaware Valley University, Main Campus, Allman 102
Launch Your Retirement
This intermediate course prepares pre-retirees and early retirees for each of the critical life planning areas:
- Acquiring the life skills and perspectives required for retirement
- Negotiating the financial marketing hype to pre-retirees and retirees to protect their money
- Estimating retirement needs
- Finding sources of cash and income in pre-retirement and retirement
- Caring for their health in pre-retirement and retirement
- Understanding the critical components of estate planning for pre-retirees and retirees
Handouts are provided.
PRD 725 001
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 7-9:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 7-9:15 p.m.
Delaware Valley University