Designed for both individuals interested in starting a career in equine massage or for those already in the field who wish to add certification to their credentials, this one weekend per month course will blend pedagogy with experiential learning to cover critical aspects of this discipline, leading to certification in the area. Structured as a five-hour per session Saturday and Sunday course, you will begin with an examination of equine anatomy and musculature and proceed to basic hands-on techniques to understand common conditions and pathologies. Several field trips are part of the program, including visits to local horse barns. Case studies and presentations will be part of the final evaluation.
Show Me Courses For These Terms
Equine Massage Therapy Certification
Topics will include the following:
- 210 total hours of instruction, homework and research
- Equine anatomy and physiology
- Hands-on massage techniques
- Pathologies of the equine skeletal and muscle structures
- Alternative therapies and physiotherapies to include chiropractic, acupuncture, reiki, saddle fitting, stretching exercises
- Identification of performance problems and corrective therapies
- Business plan and marketing for the massage professional
- Ethics, boundaries and business practices
- Final written and practical examination
Textbook is included with tuition. This program not eligible for financial aid.
PRD 205 002
- Saturday, February 3, 2018, 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 4, 2018, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018, 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, February 25, 2018, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, March 17, 2018, 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 18, 2018, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, April 14, 2018, 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 15, 2018, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Saturday, May 12, 2018, 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 13, 2018, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
Delaware Valley University Main Campus, Feldman 102
Dr. Michael M. Burak, D.C.
Please address course content questions to Dr. Michael M. Burak, D.C. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Dr. Burak's website