DelVal's food and cooking courses can fill up quickly since they are often limited due to space constraints. Register early! Since some courses have hands-on activities and in proximity to equipment, each student must complete both the registration and liability release forms to be enrolled.
Show Me Courses For These Terms
Pennsylvania Heritage Cooking Course
Learn about the culinary heritage of our region and the bounty it provides. Much of our current day cooking traditions initiated from foreign lands, gradually melding into some of the most beloved American dishes. This demonstration and tasting course will focus on select dishes during one of our favorite times of the year, autumn. Using some organic and locally sourced ingredients, our chef will share cooking recipes and secrets for you to try your hand at while you entertain your dinner guests in the upcoming months.
Participants will learn:
- Pennsylvania cuisine history and cooking techniques
- How to identify unknown foods and introduce and pair new food items
- About the preparation of:
- appetizers, soups, stews and breads;
- main course preparation of vegetable dishes and vegetable tarts, stuffing, hearty meat dishes
- dessert tastings of fruit, pies, curds, aspic
- Cooking methods such as open fire with apple wood and charcoal, braised and fry methods
- Short cuts and cooking tips
CLA 800 001
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The Market at DelVal