CLR, a program in DelVal’s Office of Continuing and Professional Studies, brings to members of the retired and semi-retired community opportunities for personal growth through learning. For more than 30 years, CLR has provided a diverse selection of peer-led classes each semester for its 500-plus members.
Membership includes unlimited participation in classes in the arts and music, science, technology, history, philosophy, language and current topics, as well as exclusive events, guest speakers, special interest groups, and community partnerships for $90 per semester.
Fall 2017 Schedule
|Aug. 14 and 16||Fall Registration||Life Sciences Building|
|Aug. 31||Registration Closes|
|Sept. 11||First Day of CLR Classes||Alumni House|
|Nov. 22-24||Thanksgiving Break||No CLR Classes|
|Dec. 8||Last Day of CLR Classes||Alumni House|
|Most CLR classes are held in Alumni House, located just inside the entrance to Delaware Valley University near the intersection of E. Butler Ave. (Old Rte 202) and Alumni Lane.|
Fall 2017 Class Rosters
Click the day to view those class rosters. Each day opens in a new window. Each course is on its own page. Colored tabs along the bottom help you find the correct course(s).
On-site registrants received their receipts at the time of registration; mailed in or dropped registrations received receipts by mail. If you were placed on a waitlist:
- Check the rosters to see if seats became available and you were moved from waitlist to registered status (names are YELLOW)
- If no additional seats were available, you are waitlisted (names in BLUE). Should a member withdraw from the course, you will be notified. Do not attend the course unless contacted by DelVal or the instructor.
To register for available seats, please email email@example.com. All memberships and registrations must be received at the Office of Continuing and Professional Studies by August 31.
WEATHER EMERGENCY INFORMATION
If the DelVal campus is closed or opening late because of weather or other emergency, an announcement will be made on the radio and television, the main campus number (215.345.1500), delval.edu, and through the e2Campus* text alert system. This policy is in effect for all CLR classes, registration, special events and programs.
If the University opening is delayed, CLR classes are delayed. If the University campus is closed, CLR classes are canceled.
- If there is a one hour delay, the University will open at 9 a.m. Thus, CLR classes that start at or after 9 a.m., will operate as normal in Alumni House. CLR classes that begin prior to 9 a.m. WILL BE CANCELED.
- If there is a two hour delay, the University will open at 10 a.m. Thus, CLR classes that start at or after 10 a.m., will operate as normal in Alumni House. CLR classes that begin prior to 10 a.m. WILL BE CANCELED.
- If there is a three hour delay, the University will open at 11 a.m. Thus, CLR classes that start at or after 11 a.m., will operate as normal in Alumni House. CLR classes that begin prior to 11 a.m. WILL BE CANCELED.
- Classes that meet outside the Alumni House will be canceled for any delay in the University opening.
In order to facilitate communication with students in the event of an emergency, Delaware Valley University has instituted e2Campus, a digital alert system that notifies individuals in the event of an emergency or disaster. In the event of an emergency, a text message is sent out to any registered cell phone and email address; students are alerted immediately of any threat or condition on campus, including inclement weather. To sign up for e2Campus alerts, go to delval.edu/e2campus.
The information and opinions presented in any Center for Learning in Retirement (CLR) course are those of the instructor(s) and do not necessarily reflect Delaware Valley University policies or positions. CLR course content is not reviewed for accuracy or approved by the faculty and staff of Delaware Valley University.