CLR, as part of Delaware Valley University’s Office of Continuing and Professional Studies, provides members of the over-55 community with opportunities for personal growth through learning. For 30 years, CLR has provided peer-led classes in the arts, humanities, sciences, and recreational activities. Each semester, approximately 500 people participate in the program, which offers more than fifty classes in art and music, science, technology, history, philosophy, language and current interests.
Fall 2016 Schedule
|Aug.16-18||Fall Registration||Alumni House|
|Sept. 12||First Day of CLR Classes||Alumni House|
|Oct. 3||No CLR Classes|
|Oct. 12||No CLR Classes|
|Nov. 23-25||Thanksgiving: No CLR Classes|
|Dec. 6||Holiday Luncheon||Moumgis Auditorium|
|Dec. 16||Last Day of CLR Classes||Alumni House|
Most CLR classes are held in Alumni House, located just inside the entrance to Delaware Valley University near the intersection of E. Butler Ave. (Old Rte 202) and Alumni Lane. Follow signs for parking.
WEATHER EMERGENCY INFORMATION
If the DelVal campus is closed or opening late because of weather or other emergency, an announcement will be made on the radio and television, the main campus number (215.345.1500), delval.edu, and through the e2Campus* text alert system.
- If the University opening is delayed, CLR classes are delayed. If the University campus is closed, CLR classes are canceled.
- If there is a one hour delay, the University will open at 9 a.m. Thus, CLR classes that start at or after 9 a.m., will operate as normal in Alumni House. CLR classes that begin prior to 9 a.m. WILL BE CANCELED.
- If there is a two hour delay, the University will open at 10 a.m. Thus, CLR classes that start at or after 10 a.m., will operate as normal in Alumni House. CLR classes that begin prior to 10 a.m. WILL BE CANCELED.
- If there is a three hour delay, the University will open at 11 a.m. Thus, CLR classes that start at or after 11 a.m., will operate as normal in Alumni House. CLR classes that begin prior to 11 a.m. WILL BE CANCELED.
- Classes that meet outside the Alumni House will be canceled for any delay in the University opening.
In order to facilitate communication with students in the event of an emergency, Delaware Valley University has instituted e2Campus, a digital alert system that notifies individuals in the event of an emergency or disaster. In the event of an emergency, a text message is sent out to any registered cell phone and email address; students are alerted immediately of any threat or condition on campus, including inclement weather. To sign up for e2Campus alerts, go to delval.edu/e2campus.
The information and opinions presented in any Center for Learning in Retirement (CLR) course are those of the instructor(s) and do not necessarily reflect Delaware Valley University policies or positions. CLR course content is not reviewed for accuracy or approved by the faculty and staff of Delaware Valley University.