Start your Job Search Early: DelVal Resources for Rising Seniors
Posted on May 14, 2015 by Delaware Valley University .
Delaware Valley University rising seniors have a busy year ahead of them. With a schedule filled with academic finals, graduation plans and making the most of the last months with your friends, it’s easy for the end of the school year to creep up on you. But when it does, you want to be ready for your next step, which for some rising seniors is finding a job.
With your packed senior-year schedule, it’s a good idea to start your job search early, and the DelVal Center for Student Professional Development is here to help. With our extensive resources for rising seniors, we can help you network with professionals in your desired field, access information on prospective employers and search for job openings. You can learn more about some of our available resources below.
• DelVal ExperienceLink is an online database that connects current DelVal students, as well as alumni, to available job postings. With your DelVal username and password, you can upload your résumé and apply for part-time jobs, full-time jobs, internships and volunteering opportunities.
• DelVal’s Major Specific Resources helps students find open positions in industries that relate to their specific major. The Major Specific database is engineered to help students network and find online forums, job sites and industry associations that reflect what they’re studying at DelVal. With these resources, you’ll be better poised to connect with key people in your desired industry.
• The DelVal Center for Student Professional Development provides access to Reference USA, an internet-based reference service that’s accessible through any computer connected to the DelVal network. Consisting of roughly 12 million businesses in the United States, students of all majors can benefit from the wide variety of job postings through Reference USA. You can also access ReferenceUSA Off Campus Access from your home computer.
• Beyond Career Network helps rising seniors at DelVal learn more about the jobs they’re interested in. You can find valuable information on companies, job opportunities and salaries along with news and advice that will be valuable throughout your job search. With the Beyond Career Network portal, you’ll be more prepared for your interview with a specific company.
• Work Abroad is an affiliate of Monster.com that can help DelVal students find job opportunities around the world. For those who don’t want to be limited to just the United States, this resource will help you find your new adventure.
DelVal rising seniors should make sure to use these career services resources to help them through their job searching process. Since you’ll have a lot on your plate as a senior at DelVal, any help you can get for finding a job is extremely valuable. DelVal provides all of the necessary resources to help you start your job search early in the school year.
You can click here to learn more about the DelVal Center for Student Professional Development and schedule an appointment with one of our career counselors to jump start your future.