Chuck Alpuche ’81, a retired PepsiCo executive and a member of DelVal’s Board of Trustees, received the President’s Distinguished Alumni Award for 2011.
Alumni Achievement Award Nominations
The Alumni Association is looking to honor deserving alumni at the Alumni Association’s Annual Business Meeting and Awards Presentation (held every year during Homecoming weekend) and we need your help. We are asking you to recommend a DVC alum that you feel would be worthy of being honored. Attached please find the eligibility requirements for award nominees. The award categories are as follows: Animal Science Award; Business Administration Award; Plant Science Award; Science Award; Secondary Education Award; National Farm School Award; The Arthur Brown Award; The President’s Distinguished Alumnus Award. If you know of anyone deserving of this award please submit their name to me by March 16 so that I can forward it to the Awards Committee for consideration. Please feel free to call me with any questions and thank you in advance for your help.
Intent of the Award
The Alumni Achievement Award is designed to recognize an outstanding alumnus/a who has devoted his/her time, energy, and resources to the betterment of the College and the Alumni Association, participated actively in the community and professional organizations, and has made a significant contribution in his/her chosen field. The award seeks to honor and extend the traditional ideals of Delaware Valley College by acknowledging an alumnus/a whose activities have been consistent with our founding principles. These awards shall be presented annually at the Alumni Association Annual Business Meeting held during Homecoming weekend.
Determination and Eligibility of Recipients
The alumni awards committee is composed of five members of the College's Alumni Association Executive Committee, and members of the Alumni Association as ex officio members, as approved by the President of the Alumni Association. The committee shall determine the recipients annually, based on the criteria outlined below:
- A graduate or attendee of Delaware Valley College, or its predecessors, The National Farm School or National Agricultural College.
- An alumnus/a who has demonstrated loyalty to the Alumni Association and the College.
- Has made a significant contribution in his/her chosen field.
- Participated actively in the Community and Professional Organizations.
- Has been a consistent contributor to the annual giving campaign.
- Candidates may be nominated by any alumnus/a in good standing,Members of the Faculty, Administration, Staff, or the Board of Trustees.
- Candidates may be considered without regard to geographic location, profession, or major areas of study while a student at the College.
- Candidate MUST be present to accept the award.
Alumni Achievement Awards
Presented by the President of the Alumni Association
- Animal Science - Dairy Science, Equine Science, Animal Science - Large, Animal Science - Small, Poultry Husbandry
- Business Administration - Agribusiness, Business Administration, Computer Information Systems Management
- Continuing Education - Graduate of Continuing Education
- Secondary Education - Agricultural High School Teachers
- National Farm School - Graduates of the National Farm School
- Plant Science - Agronomy and Environmental Science, Horticulture: Fruit/Vegetable Science and Environmental Management, Ornamental Horticulture and Environmental Science
- Science - Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, English/Written Communication, Food Science and Management, Mathematics, Criminal Justice Administration
THE ARTHUR BROWN AWARD - Presented by the President of the Alumni Association - alumni awards committee composed of members of the College's Alumni Executive Committee and selected by the President of the Alumni Association shall determine the recipient annually, based on the criteria outlined herein:
A graduate of Delaware Valley College, or its predecessors, The
National Farm School or National Agricultural College.
An alumnus/a who has demonstrated loyalty to the College and
- Participated actively in Community and Professional Organizations, and has made significant contributions in his/her chosen field.
- Any alumnus in good standing may nominate candidates, also Members of the Faculty or Administration, or member of the Board of Trustees.
- Candidates may be considered without regard to geographic location, profession, or major area of study while a student at the College.
THE PRESIDENT'S DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARD - Presented by The President of the College - is presented to an alumnus/a in recognition of significant leadership volunteer service to Delaware Valley College or its predecessors, The National Agricultural College or The National Agricultural College; in promoting the effectiveness of the Alumni Association over a period of years; and for outstanding contributions to the welfare of Delaware Valley College or its predecessors. The Awards Committee of the Alumni Association presents to the President of the College the names and background information of three alumni who they believe are deserving of this award. The President makes the final selection.
Alumni Association Recognition Award For Faculty, Administration and Staff - To find out about this award and submit your nomination, please contact Alumni Relations at 215-489-2917.
2011 Award Winners
President’s Distinguished Alumni Award - Chuck Alpuche '81
Animal Science Award - Robert Sabol '63
Business Award - William Bartles '69
Plant Science Award - Lawrence Hepner '74
Staff/ Faculty Recognition Award- Dr. Dominic Montileone
Science Award- Jennifer Jesiolowski Smith '90
President’s Distinguished Alumni Award - Joseph Umosella '63