Alumni Achievement Award Nominations
The Alumni Association honors deserving alumni at the Alumni Association’s Annual Business Meeting and Awards Presentation (held every year during Homecoming weekend) and we need your help. If you know a DelVal alumnus who would be worthy of being honored, let us know. Download the eligibility requirements for nominees at the link below. The award categories are as follows: Animal Science Award; Business Administration Award; Plant Science Award; Science Award; Secondary Education Award; Continuing Education Award; National Farm School Award; The Arthur Brown Award; and The President’s Distinguished Alumnus Award. If you know of anyone deserving of this award, please submit their name for consideration by March 16. Please feel free to contact the Alumni Office with any questions at 215.489.2917.
Intent of the Awards
The Alumni Achievement Awards are designed to recognize outstanding alumni who have devoted time, energy, and resources to the betterment of the University and the Alumni Association, participated actively in the community and professional organizations, and has made a significant contribution in a chosen field. The award seeks to honor and extend the traditional ideals of Delaware Valley University by acknowledging alumni whose activities have been consistent with our founding principles. These awards shall be presented annually at the Alumni Association Annual Business Meeting held during Homecoming weekend.
Determination and Eligibility of Recipients
The alumni awards committee is composed of five members of the University's Alumni Association Executive Committee, and members of the Alumni Association as ex officio members, as approved by the President of the Alumni Association. The committee shall determine the recipients annually, based on the criteria outlined below:
- A graduate or attendee of Delaware Valley University or its predecessors, Delaware Valley College, The National Farm School or National Agricultural College.
- An alumnus who has demonstrated loyalty to the Alumni Association and the University.
- Has made a significant contribution in his/her chosen field.
- Participated actively in the Community and Professional Organizations.
- Has been a consistent contributor to the annual giving campaign.
- Candidates may be nominated by any alumnus in good standing, members of the faculty, administration, staff, or the Board of Trustees.
- Candidates may be considered without regard to geographic location, profession, or major areas of study while a student at the University.
- Candidate MUST be present to accept the award.
Alumni Achievement Awards
- Animal Science
- Business Administration
- Continuing Education
- Secondary Education
- Plant Science
- National Farm School (alumni who graduated prior to 1948)
The Arthur Brown Award - Alumni awards committee composed of members of the University's Alumni Executive Committee and selected by the President of the Alumni Association shall determine the recipient annually, based on the criteria outlined herein:
- A graduate of Delaware Valley University or its predecessors, Delaware Valley College, The National Farm School or National Agricultural College.
- An alumnus who has demonstrated loyalty to the University and Community.
- Participated actively in community and professional organizations, and has made significant contributions in his/her chosen field.
- Any alumnus in good standing may nominate candidates, also members of the faculty or administration, or member of the Board of Trustees.
- Candidates may be considered without regard to geographic location, profession, or major area of study while a student at the University.
The President's Distinguished Alumni Award - Presented by The President of the University. This award is presented to an alumnus in recognition of significant leadership volunteer service to Delaware Valley University or its predecessors, Delaware Valley College, The National Agricultural College or The National Agricultural College; in promoting the effectiveness of the Alumni Association over a period of years; and for outstanding contributions to the welfare of Delaware Valley University or its predecessors. The Awards Committee of the Alumni Association presents to the President of the University the names and background information of three alumni who they believe are deserving of this award. The President makes the final selection.
Alumni Association Recognition Award For Faculty, Administration and Staff - To find out about this award and submit your nomination, please contact Alumni Relations at 215-489-2917.
2014 Award Winners
President's Distinguished Award - Thomas Debrowski '72
Animal Science Award - Barry Blithe '68
Plant Science Award - Patrick Dugan '10
Continuing Education Award - Henry Strawn '53
Secondary Education Award - Michael McCline '01
National Farm School Award - Irving Waldman '44
Arthur Brown Award - Robert DeRosa '61
2013 Award Winners
President's Distinguished Award - Dr. Tracy (Scheidt) Hoover '82
Animal Science Award - Jerry McMahon '58
Secondary Education Award - Marc Reason '90
Business Award - R. Jamie Haddon '95
Staff/Faculty Recognition Award - Dr. Josh Feldstein '42 '52
2012 Award Winners
President’s Distinguished Award - Robert Lipinski ’80
Animal Science Award - James Glass ’59 (posthumous)
Plant Science Award - Kurt Alstede ’85
Plant Science Award - Robert Leiby ’75
Continuing Education Award - Sam DiValentino ’84
Staff/Faculty Recognition Award - Larry Stelmach
National Farm School Award - Richard Kustin ’44
Arthur Brown Award - Emily (Metz) Keggan ’01
2011 Award Winners
President’s Distinguished Alumni Award - Chuck Alpuche '81
Animal Science Award - Robert Sabol '63
Business Award - William Bartles '69
Plant Science Award - Lawrence Hepner '74
Staff/ Faculty Recognition Award- Dr. Dominic Montileone
Science Award - Jennifer Jesiolowski Smith '90
2010 Award Winners
President’s Distinguished Alumni Award - Joseph Umosella '63
Arthur Brown Award - Dr. John Martin '70
Animal Science Award - Dr. Bruce Pratt '74
Business Award - Marian (Payer) Young '80
Plant Science Award - Dr. Joseph Shinn '59
Secondary Education Award - James P. Scott, Jr. '76
National Farm School Alumni Award - Dr. Oscar Reiss '40
Staff/Faculty Recognition Award - Dr. Richard Ziemer
You can view the complete list of past award recipients.