Making a Difference, Building a Legacy
For many people, leading a successful life involves making a positive difference in the lives of others. Delaware Valley University benefits greatly from the generous support of those who contribute time and talent to the university. But equally as important are the financial gifts that build a lasting legacy for current and future generations of Aggies.
Advancing Strategic Priorities
Leadership gifts play a crucial role in advancing DelVal's strategic objectives and initiatives. They have a significant impact on DelVal programs and resources. They make a crucial difference, helping us strengthen or launch academic initiatives, create scholarships, build buildings and undertake other projects that advance university priorities.
They also stand as philanthropic landmarks for all donors, inspiring others to give generously.
Leadership gifts generally have these attributes:
- They are outright gifts (as opposed to deferred or "planned" gifts, which are often made through a charitable trust, a gift annuity or a donor's will). Donors may pay them over a period of time, generally up to five years.
- Depending on the donor's intent, they can be spent in their entirety or they can be endowed funds that continue to support the university over time.
- They can be unrestricted gifts, or they can be earmarked for identified university needs that are of interest to the donor, such as student scholarships or endowed professorships.
- They may be of gifts of cash, publicly traded securities, closely held stock, real estate or other property.
- They generally qualify for favorable tax treatment and can be a strategic tool in estate planning and wealth transfer.
Many gifts come with naming opportunities, which means that a university program, building or resource may be named in honor of the donor or someone else the donor wishes to commemorate.
To learn more about how you can make a leadership or major gift in support of Delaware Valley University, contact Maryann Fox, Director of and Major Gifts, at 215-489-4528 or Maryann.Fox@delval.edu.
Have a Seat Program
DelVal's newest building on campus, the Life Sciences Building, contains a 450 seat state-of-the-art auditorium. We are giving you an opportunity to help support our students by having a name plate placed on these seats. Please click here to download a PDF version of our "Have a Seat" appeal flyer. If you would like to purchase a seat online, please do so by clicking the link below and filling out the registration/donation form. Please indicate in the "Comments" section at the end, what name(s) you would like on your seat(s). Please keep in mind that if we need to seek any clarification on your request or if you would like us to contact you directly regarding the seat(s), we will be happy to do so. For any outstanding questions please feel free to contact Maryann Fox at 215.489.4528 or firstname.lastname@example.org.