The Summer Bridge program runs from Friday, July 7 through Friday, August 4.
The Summer Bridge program at Delaware Valley University is a four-week rigorous academic residential program that facilitates the transition of students from high school to the University. Selected students will find this program essential to their successful transition to DelVal as it will prepare students for college-level academics in english and mathematics.
The Summer Bridge program cultivates a diverse community of scholars and prepares them to engage actively with and meet the challenges of a small private University. The program supports students by providing:
- A stimulating and challenging academic experience in two core subjects
- Personalized, comprehensive advising and tutoring
- An intellectually and socially enriching residential experience
- Approximately 55 students, from various backgrounds, participate in the program
- Participants are enrolled in two intensive academic courses (math and english), with additional support for success
- All students live together in a residence hall, which facilitates the formation of a supportive community and network of friends
- Get a jumpstart on your college career
- Fulfill college and major requirements
- Students attend at a minimal fee of $850 ($1,100 if staying through the weekends). This fee pays for courses, room and board and all scheduled activities
- Better understand faculty expectations and college culture
- Establish relationships with academic counselors and advisers
- Become familiar with the DelVal campus
- Learn to optimize campus resources
- Build a supportive network of faculty, staff and peers that extends throughout their tenure at DelVal.
- Must be a first-time, first-year student that has received a letter inviting them to register for Summer Bridge
- Must be prepared to devote the entire four weeks, full-time, to the program (July 7 - August 4, 2017)
Summer Bridge provides students with the courses necessary to begin work in the fall at a college level. Students will be placed in two credit-bearing college classes that are required for students who need extra help in English (writing and reading) and math.
The curriculum maximizes students' success as they transition to DelVal. Additionally, students attend a weekly advising seminar designed to facilitate their successful navigation of faculty expectations and university culture.
The total cost of the program is either $850 or $1,100. $850 if the student is not staying on the weekends during the program, whereas $1,100 if the student elects to stay on the weekends during the program. The $850/$1,100 fee includes courses, room and board and all scheduled activities.
Questions Regarding Summer Bridge program?
Melanie Spratt, Admissions Counselor
Scheduling Your Summer Bridge Interview
To set up your Summer Bridge interview, please call 215.489.2211 or 215.489.2373 during office hours; Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30 p.m. Available interview dates are listed on the letter that you received.