- Secure a Faculty Mentor to discuss research project idea(s) and the Faculty Mentor’s expectations and requirements.
- Review Student Research Policies and Guidelines
a. Review academic requirements / prerequisites to assure your eligibility
- Finalize Research Proposal idea
- If the project involves the use of animals, contact Becky Hughes for Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) forms and submit forms to Dr. Kathy Ponnock for approval. If the project involves human subjects, contact Tanya Casas for Institutional Review Board (IRB) forms and submit forms to Tanya Casas.
a. Please allow for 2-4 weeks for approval before proposal deadline (see below).
- Complete Proposal which must include:
a. Title page with proposal title, student’s name and mentor’s name
b. 1-2 pages describing the proposed project and rational
c. Project Timeline
e. Funding Requests- supplies not covered by your department
- Complete Student Research Proposal Application found in CSPD office, Segal Hall) with all necessary approvals:
a. Your Faculty Mentor must sign your form verifying their mentorship
b. Your Faculty Mentor’s Department Chair must sign your form approving the faculty member’s participation
c. Your Academic Department Chair must sign your form approving your participation
d. IRB / IACUC approval if applicable
- You must review and comply with all Student Research Program policies, procedures and expectations. Your signature on the Proposal Application indicates that you understand and agree to Student Research policies.
- On Proposal Application, note if you are seeking Experiential Learning (ExL) credit in order to fulfill an ExL graduation requirement, or for DelVal Experience Transcript recognition.
a. If yes, once approved, your proposal will be forwarded to the Center for Student Professional Development for ExL credit.
- Submit Proposal Application and Proposal by the appropriate deadline to the Student Research Coordinator - Dr. Cynthia Keler. Submit both an electronic copy via email at email@example.com and hard-copy via mailbox: Mandell 113 or office: Mandell 224.
- The Student Research Committee will review your proposal for acceptance. Once approved, you will then be registered for the course in WebAdvisor after your form is submitted. Please check WebAdvisor for verification.
- Attend Student Research meetings – see Student Research Policies and Guidelines for information on course requirements.