Business administration is a broad, comprehensive career program that deals with the science and art of managing the human, physical and economic resources of a business enterprise. As a science and art, it deals with principles, concepts, and practices that influence the activities of finance, production, personnel, distribution and marketing. Emphasis is placed on management’s ability to analyze, plan, motivate, coordinate and control the varied activities necessary for effective and successful operation of a business organization.
In addition to going on for a master’s in business administration, DelVal business graduates:
- Work in regional and national accounting firms
- Have a personal portfolio to use when launching a business or job search
- Work in banking, insurance, financial planning, stock brokerages, pension funds, mutual funds, and other financial institutions
- Work in professional sports management
- Attend graduate MBA programs
The B.S. in business administration allows specialization in the following:
- Accounting: Prepares students for careers with regional and national accounting firms. Students in this specialization have achieved full time employment with companies such as the “Big Four” (PwC, KPMG), CliftonLarsonAllen, and Marcum
- General Business: Designed for students who want an overview to various areas of careers in business or who do not know in which area they want to specialize
- Management: Allows students to gain the knowledge and experience needed to make decisions that will create value. Students in this specialization have achieved full time employment with companies such as Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Marketing: Prepares students in all aspects of marketing including: building business contacts, interviewing, corporate research, pitching, advertising, and more. Students in this specialization have achieved full time employment with companies such as Omnicom Group
- Sports Management: Focuses intensely on the sports industry as a business. You’ll learn about management, marketing, law, finance, and other business-related concepts. Students have the option to attend the Major League Baseball Winter Meetings enhancing the hands-on experience and networking skills. Students in this specialization have achieved full time employment with companies such as Trenton Thunder and other minor league baseball and hockey teams
These specializations allow students, with departmental counseling, to focus their programs to better fit their career goals.