The Bachelor’s Degree in English
Today, English majors build a foundation to find employment in a variety of areas from law, to working for publications or websites, to teaching:
- At DelVal, our small class sizes mean big opportunities. You’ll work closely with our dedicated and talented faculty who are focused on you and helping you succeed.
- Our upper level classes regularly have less than ten students.
- The English faculty includes several, talented creative writers including: Bucks County’s youngest Poet Laureate, and a former New York Times Reporter and recipient of the best producer award at the 2010 Mid-Manhattan Theater Festival.
Our bachelor’s degree in English balances education with a variety of engaging opportunities to hone your skills outside of the classroom.
In our four-year degree program, you’ll gain:
- Practical knowledge and technical skills.
- Preparation for employment in fields such as: journalism, public relations, marketing, law, and education.
- Important skills such as: effective communication, editing, writing, creative problem-solving, and critical thinking.
Plus, English students gain experience through creative outlets such as: the College's literary magazine and yearbook. Students have also worked in our Office of Marketing and Communications on campus and in our Writing Center.
- Students can specialize in English literature or Media & Communications.
- All English literature majors present their work at academic conferences as undergraduates.
We also provide an ideal location for the student who wants to intern. Students can take the SEPTA train right from campus into Philadelphia or drive to Manhattan in less than two hours. Our location puts you close to some of the country’s best theaters and cultural attractions, as well as exciting internship opportunities.