Today, the turf management industry:
- Is a bright spot, where graduates are in high demand.
- In 2012, all of our seniors were scooped up by employers for full-time jobs in their field before graduation.
- Employs professionals in exciting positions at sports fields, golf clubs, and as small business owners.
We are the only private, four-year College to offer a bachelor’s degree in turf management. and our program is ranked in the top 25 in the U.S..
We’re ideal for students who want the small school feel where professors know them by name.
Our program balances education with an in-depth knowledge of the industry’s professional demands.
In our four-year degree program, you’ll gain:
- Practical knowledge and technical skills.
- Expert preparation for positions, including: golf course superintendent, turf and golf course consultant, groundskeeper for a baseball or football field, and turf management business owner.
- Important knowledge and skills spanning the installation, care, and management of turf for sports fields, personal properties, or club fields.
- Knowledge about everything involved in the process of keeping fields emerald green, from the science behind the soil underneath, to the design and look of the turf.
Plus, DelVal encourages students to participate in internships with well-known employers and get valuable work experience, which helps them stand out.
DelVal turf students have interned with places like the United States Golf Association, the Philadelphia Eagles, and Merion Golf Club (host of the 2013 Men’s U.S. Open).
Our program is well-connected and highly regarded in the turf industy, which helps our students land prestigious internships and jobs. We have alumni working at serveral of the nation’s top golf courses.
We also provide a putting green right on campus, which is used in all turf classes.
Interested in the program coursework? Check out the curriculum checklist here >
Join us on Facebook here >
Contact: Douglas Linde, Professor