DelVal is the only small, private college that offers a 4-year degree in turf management. Our program is ranked in the top 25 in the U.S.
Top 10 reasons students come to DelVal to study turf management
1. Small class size
2. Hands-on learning
3. Near 100% job placement upon graduation
4. Professors are promoted based on teaching quality
5. 70 + golf courses and sports fields within 1 hour
6. Same advisor for all 4 years
7. Professors are academic and career advisors
8. Great reputation in the golf and turf industries
9. Successful graduates
10. Required internship program
Facilities include a turf research center, putting green, athletic fields, and acres of lawn turf. Small classes make it easy to hop into a van and visit some of the 70 golf courses less than an hour's drive from campus. Many of the turf students join the student-run Turf Club which takes trips, host speakers, and attends conferences. Dr. Doug Linde heads the Turf Management program and teaches various turf courses. He also conducts turf research, consults, advises the Turf Club, coaches the golf team, and is an avid golfer.
Interested in the program coursework? Check out the curriculum checklist here >