We are proud of our status as a Certified British Horse Society (BHS) Testing Center. With this accreditation, we offer BHS Examinations for certificates in Stage 1 through International Instructor Level 1 at our Equestrian Center.
The BHS is recognized in 32 countries world-wide for its esteemed certification programs for instructors and managers. Through the evaluations performed by the BHS, equine facilities are evaluated and recognized for their excellence in their standards for safety, horse management, and instruction. BHS testing covers riding in the disciplines of dressage, show jumping, and eventing in addition to horse knowledge and care.
Delaware Valley College will be holding a British Horse Society examination this spring at the Equestrian Center. Through obtaining these certifications, your marketability in the equine industry is enhanced as your qualifications are recognized around the world. Please visit the British Horse Society for information regarding each examination's individual requirements outline in syllabus format.
May 13-17, 2013: Stage 2, Stage 3, and Preliminary Teaching Test
- Registration form and check payable to Delaware Valley College must be received by March 1, 2013.
- Please contact BreannDePietro with any questions.
- Collared shirt with sleeves (short or long)
- ASTM F1163-04A/SEI certified helmet properly fitted
- Neutral color breeches
- Tall boots for riding (no half chaps)
- Suitable barn shoes for stable management sections
- Gloves must be worn for riding, lunging and leading
- Body Protector: Mandatory for examinations with cross country jumping (Stage 3), and recommended for stadium jumping
- Spurs: Permitted for Stage 3; short; blunt with shank set centrally to rear
- Whips: 14-30" for jumping sections
- 39" maximum for flat
- Jewelery: Must not be worn. Only watches and wedding bands are permitted. All piercings must be removed
- Hair: Shoulder length or longer must be tied back and a hair net worn with helmet
2013 British Horse Society Exams Per Unit Cost Sheet
|All Care Sections||$300|
|Individual Care Sections||$125|
|All Care Sections||$350|
|Individual Care Sections||$150|
|Principle Units if all in one day||$300|