2013-14 Application for Admission Instructions
1. Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the United States or proof of equivalent preparation from a foreign college or university with a minimum 3.0 cumulative average (4-point scale). Applicants with lower grade point averages may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
2. Applicants will submit (requirements for both the downloadable paper and the electronic versions):
- A completed Application for Admission form with non-refundable application fee of $50, payable to Delaware Valley College
- Official transcripts of all coursework from previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions
- Three recommendations from professional or academic references, appraising the candidate's potential and capacity for graduate study, on the Reference Form provided
- A 500-word essay describing why you wish to pursue a graduate degree in business and how it will contribute to your professional goals, what you hope to contribute to the field, and a summary of your strengths and areas for growth
- A comprehensive, current, professional résumé
- Applicants from countries in which English is not the native language must submit the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and transcripts must be evaluated by World Educational Services
- Applicants with grade point averages under the 3.0 minimum may be considered for admission on a case-by-case basis and may be asked to submit GMAT scores and/or requested to interview with the program director
3. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants may submit applications at any time for an upcoming term – there are no specific deadline dates.
4. Applicants who hold a bachelor’s degree in a subject area other than business may be asked to complete fundamental courses in accounting, finance, economics and/or statistics along with the MBA curriculum. Needing these courses does not disqualify you from applying to or beginning the MBA program.
5. Applicants for a degree from Delaware Valley College may apply to transfer up to six graduate credits applicable to their program. Courses must have been completed at a regionally accredited graduate institution with a grade of “B” or higher.
6. Applicants with learning disabilities who wish to discuss academic accommodations should contact Student Support Services at 215.489.2490 prior to enrolling in classes.
7. Applicants interested in financial aid opportunities should visit the Financial Aid page for links to FASFA and required institutional forms. Financial aid counselors can be contacted at 215.489.2272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with an application, please contact Catherine Sinclair at 215.489.4840, email@example.com