Beginning in the fall 2013 semester, Delaware Valley College will offer you an opportunity to earn a master’s degree in policy studies. This new degree program will:
- Prepare you to take leadership roles in developing policies to solve questions surrounding agriculture, food, sustainability, and development
- Take a holistic approach to understanding contemporary issues and the conditions surrounding them
- Recognize that the pressing problems of today know no disciplinary boundaries
- Address and seek out solutions to the pressing problems of our communities
Choose from one of three specializations:
- Food and Agriculture
- Sustainability and Environment
- Community and International Development
Our faculty will blend their knowledge and experiences to provide a rigorous transdisciplinary academic program with ties to policy-making institutions. This program will prepare you to fulfill a role in society as an informed, culturally competent professional within a government organization, development, engineering or architectural firm, or energy company.
Meet the Department
Associate Professor and Department Chair, Biology
Associate Professor and Department Chair, Agribusiness
Dr. Slane is a member of the National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA) and is faculty advisor to the college's NAMA Marketing Club.