When and where are classes held? Can I work and attend school at the same time?
Classes are offered on our campus in Doylestown on weekday evenings from 6:30 until 9:30 p.m. Yes, our students work both full and part-time while enrolled in the program.

What are the specialization areas? Students choose from one of the three specialization areas:

  • Food and agricultural policy
  • Environmental policy
  • Developmental policy

Is a Master’s thesis required?
Student CHOOSE either a research based master’s thesis OR a practice-focused internship as part of their program requirements. This innovative feature allows you to customize your degree to suit your academic needs and interests.

What is the cost of the program? Is financial aid available?
The cost per credit is $696 for the 2014-15 school year, and courses are three credits. If you are applying for federal or state financial aid, the Delaware Valley University institutional code is 003252. Links to FASFA and institutional forms can be found on the financial aid website. You can contact an aid counselor at 215.489.2272 or finaid@delval.edu.

What is a typical course sequence for a student in Policy Studies?
Recommended Course Sequence

  Fall Spring
Year 1 Introduction to Policy Studies
Political Economy
American Politics
Political Analysis
  Fall 2 Spring 2
Year 2 Quantitative Methods
Qualitative Methods

Are transfer credits from another graduate program accepted?
Transfer of up to six graduate credits from an accredited college/university may be considered under certain conditions, including course content, grade point average, and how recently the course was completed. Please discuss this with a program director prior to taking courses elsewhere. If you have previous coursework, please submit an official transcript for review.

Is there any assistance for students with learning disabilities?
Applicants with learning disabilities who wish to discuss the available academic accommodations should contact Student Support Services at 215.489.2490.