Make a difference….
The mission of our policy studies graduate program is to prepare leaders in developing policies that protect the planet and improve people’s quality of life.
In just two years, you can:
- Contribute to social change through advocacy and community engagement
- Develop a broad, practical skill set for a career in nonprofits, public service, government, business and private organizations
- Strengthen critical thinking, leadership and communication skills
- Understand and apply analytic methods, statistics, qualitative and quantitative research
- Evaluate, design, and implement policies that protect people, food systems and natural resources
- Learn project management skills and gain real-world experience through an internship or thesis project
Policy studies is the systematic study of public policy – the nature, goals, conflicts, causes and effects, with an emphasis on HOW to achieve goals. The field combines program evaluation with policy analysis and prepares students to both solve problems and make a difference in their communities.
The program is broad based with specializations in:
- Community and international development
- Sustainability and the environment
- Food and agriculture
Ready to learn more? Request Information