- Ph. D. Capella University, Organization and Management, School of Business & Technology, 2010.
Dissertation Title: Intercultural Competence and Study Abroad in a Language-Neutral Environment: An Analysis of Undergraduates at Arcadia University
- MBA, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, 2000, AASCB
- B.A., West Chester University of Pennsylvania, Communications Studies Major, Russian Studies Minor, Summa Cum Laude
Dr. Pierson is a professor in the Department of Business.
Conferences, presentations, and publications
- “Outcomes Assessment in International Education ,” International IDI Conference, Minneapolis, Minnesota. October 2010.
- “Most Interesting Course: Introduction to Winemaking,” The Chronicle of Higher Education, (December 2006).
- National Geographic Channel: Invited Expert Commentator for a documentary on packaging (Air date: December 2006).
- Oxford University, Invited Lecturer: “Size Matters: An Examination of the Growth in Single Serving Portions and Obesity Rates in the United States,” April 2006, Oxford University Round Table, Oxford, England. Lectured on current nutrition scholarship and moderated panel discussions at this international meeting of food science specialists. Participants selected by peer nomination among experts in the discipline.
- Invited Reviewer: Pearson/Prentice Hall Publishing, Food Around the World: A Cultural Perspective by Margaret McWilliams.
- Invited Lecturer, St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia. “Forum on Food Safety and Security” (September 2006).
- Invited Lecturer, American Food and Drug Association, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Lectured on a plan review process for new food service establishments. (March 2005).
- Authored instructional interactive CD-Rom “Food, Culture and Cuisine” with Dr. Kathy Lee of the Information Technology Department; used as curriculum material for Food, Culture & Cuisine (FS1130).