Ph.D. in English, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (2004)
M.A. in English, San José State University (1996)
B.A. in English, San José State University (1993)
- Chapter. “Mark Twain, Walt Disney, and the Invention of American Childhood.” Walt Disney and His Narratives: From Reader to Storyteller. Eds. Kathy Merlock Jackson and Mark I. West. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, n.d. Forthcoming.
- Reference. Ben Jonson’s Volpone: A Critical Variorum Edition. Currently under review by a major university press.
- Article. “Ben Jonson’s Early Editors: Peter Whalley and William Gifford,” The Ben Jonson Journal 13 (2006): 1–28.
- Book Review. “Lesley Mickel’s Ben Jonson’s Antimasques: A History of Growth and Decline (Ashgate, 1999),” Sixteenth Century Studies Journal 31.4 (2000): 1092–94.
Conferences and Presentations
- Presenter. “The Rise of the Post-Feminist Horror Film: Scream (1996) and Jennifer’s Body (2009).” Mid-Atlantic Popular & American Culture Association. Pittsburgh, PA. Nov. 2012.
- Presenter. “Mark Twain, Walt Disney, and the Invention of American Childhood.” National Mid-Atlantic Popular & American Culture Association. Boston, MA. April 13, 2012.
- Presenter. “Killer Queens: The Male Transvestite as Film Villain in Psycho and The Silence of the Lambs.” Mid-Atlantic Popular & American Culture Association. Philadelphia, PA. Nov. 5, 2011.
- Attendee. Mid-Atlantic Writing Center Association Conference. West Chester University. West Chester, PA. April 16, 2011.
- Panelist. “Building from Within: Sequencing Assignments, Courses, and Curricula to Foster Learning Outcomes.” Fellow Panelists: Ron De Peter, Brian Lutz, Wilbert Turner, Jr. Faculty of the Future Conference. Bucks Community College. Newtown, PA. June 3, 2011.
- Presenter. “The Unexamined Sources of Jonson’s Volpone.” Sixteenth Century Studies Conference. Toronto, OT. Oct., 30, 2004.
- Presenter. “The Volpone Variorum.” Sixteenth Century Studies Conference. Pittsburgh, PA. Nov. 1, 2003.
- Presenter. “Editions and Adaptations: Ben Jonson’s Volpone in the Eighteenth Century.” Sixteenth Century Studies Conference. San Antonio, TX. Oct. 24, 2002.
- Presenter. “Drama and Dogma: The Brome Abraham and Isaac and the Typological Theatre of Medieval England.” Rocky Mountain Medieval & Renaissance Association Conference. Las Vegas, NV. May 25, 2002.
- Presenter. “For an age: The Early Editors of The Works of Ben Jonson.” Sixteenth Century Studies Conference. Denver, CO. Oct. 26, 2001.
- Presenter. “Mourning Becomes Olivia: The Unpatriarched Maid of Twelfth Night and the Case of Manningham’s ‘Lady widdowe.’” Sixteenth Century Studies Conference. Cleveland, OH. Nov. 4, 2000.