- Title: Lecturer
- Undergraduate Departments:
- Graduate Departments:
Master of Arts in Policy Studies
- Phone: 215.489.2327
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hours:
Dr. Jason Cross joined the faculty at DelVal in August 2011 after teaching for six years at Temple University. He teaches Organic Chemistry I and II lecture and lab courses, as well as the Advanced Organic Chemistry course. Dr. Cross also supervises students enrolled in undergraduate research, and maintains research collaborations with faculty from Temple University.
Dr. Cross received a B.Sc. (Honors) in medicinal and environmental chemistry from Brunel University in London. In addition, he earned a Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Surrey in Guildford, UK, under Professor Peter Sammes. His thesis focused on luminescent lanthanide complexes for biological applications.
After moving to the United States in 2002, Dr. Cross worked as a post-doctoral fellow at the University of Pittsburgh for over two years. In addition, he was a research associate at Vanderbilt University for one year before moving to Philadelphia.
In a progressive manner, Dr. Cross integrates the knowledge of experience with application of experimentation to further promote scientific discovery amongst his students. With a passion for the multidisciplinary nature of science, Dr. Cross is grateful for the environment at DelVal where he can mentor his students through engaging interactions and build curriculum. In addition to active involvement with the Philadelphia section of the American Chemical Society, Dr. Cross is a peer reviewer for textbooks and publications such as Journal of Biomedical Optics, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, and Journal of Luminescence.
- Density-Functional Theory Structures of 1,4,7,10-Tetraazacyclododecane-1,4,7,10-Tetraacetic Acid Complexes for Ions across the Lanthanide Series.” Lidia Smentek, B Andes, Jr Hess, Jason P Cross, H. Charles Manning and Darryl J Bornhop., J. Chem. Phys.,2005), 123, 244302/1-244302/9.
- “Polymetallic Lanthanide Complexes with PAMAM-Naphthalimide Dendritic Ligands: Luminescent Lanthanide Complexes Formed in Solution.” Jason P Cross, Miriam Lauz, Paul D Badger, and Stéphane Petoud, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2004, 126, 16278-16279.
- “Fluorescence Detection of Surface-Bound Intermediates Produced from UV Photoreactivity of Alkylsiloxane SAMs.” Eric A McArthur, Tao Ye, Jason P Cross, Stéphane Petoud, and Eric Borguet, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2004, 126, 2260-2261.
- “Shiny Labels for Surface Molecules-Fluorescent Methods Detect Tagged Species with Much Improved Sensitivity” by Mitch Jacoby in Chemical and Engineering News, 2004, 82, 9.
- “Studies on Some Mixed Pyrido-Phenol Donor Ligands as Sensitizers for Terbium(III).” Jason P Cross and Peter G Sammes, J. Lumin., 2004, 110, 101-111.
- “The Sensitivity of the Lehn-Cryptand Europium and Terbium(III) Complexes to Anions Compared to Coordinatively Saturated Systems.” Jason P Cross, Anjum Dadabhoy, and Peter G Sammes, J. Lumin., 2004, 110, 113-124.
- “A Useful 8-Hydroxyquinoline Synthon.” Jason P Cross and Peter G Sammes, J. Chem. Res., 2003, 11, 704-705.
- “Polymetallic lanthanide complexes with PAMAM-naphthalimide dendritic ligand, ”Petoud, Stephane; Cross, Jason P.; Lauz, Miriam; Badge, Paul D.; Filipczyk, Grzegorz, 229th ACS National Meeting, San Diego, CA, United States, March 13-17, 2005.
- “Fluorescence labeling of surface species (FLOSS) a key to understanding the UV photoreactivity of alkylsiloxane SAMs”. Ye, Tao; McArthur, Eric; Cross, Jason; Petoud, Stephane; Borguet, Eric .227th ACS National Meeting, Anaheim, CA, United States, March 28-April 1, 2004.
- “Fluorescence Detection of Surface-Bound Intermediates Produced from UV Photoreactivity of Alkylsiloxane SAMs”. Tao Ye, Eric A McArthur, Jason P Cross, Stéphane Petoud, Kessler McCoy-Simandle, and Eric Borguet, ACS 35th Central Regional Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA, October 2003.
- “New near-infrared luminescent lanthanide complexes: a new generation of luminescent probes for in vivo imagery and biological assays”. Petoud, Stephane; Zhang, Jian; Badger, Paul; Cross, Jason. 35th Central Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Pittsburgh, PA, United States, October 19-22, 2003.
- “Reduced Environmental Sensitivity of a Charge Neutral Luminescent Lanthanide Complex in Comparison to the Lehn Cryptand.” Methods and Applications of Fluorescence, Amsterdam, September 2001.
- “Design and Synthesis of Charge Neutral Luminescent Lanthanide Chelates.” RSC Annual Conference, Birmingham, UK, August 2001.
- “The Development of Luminescent Lanthanide Probes for Fluoroimmunoassays.” RSC Organic Reaction Mechanisms Annual Meeting, Basingstoke, UK, October 1999.
Royal Society of Chemistry
American Chemistry Society
Undergraduate Research Committee
College Safety Committee
American Chemical Society (Philadelphia Section) 2013 Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching in the Chemical Sciences