- Plant Science
- Master of Arts in Policy Studies
- Ph.D., University of Illinois
- M.S., North Carolina State University
- B.S., Cornell University
Originally from Rochester, N.Y., Jackie Ricotta teaches courses in sustainable agriculture, organic crop science, integrated pest management, commercial vegetable production, and marketing of horticultural products.
In addition to being a member of the 2009-2010 DelVal strategic planning committee, she is on the board of the Bucks County Foodshed Alliance and active in the Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture.
Dr. Ricotta and her husband have two sons, and in her spare time she enjoys reading, yoga, gardening, and cooking Italian meals from fresh, local ingredients.
Join Dr. Ricotta on her DelVal Sustainable Agriculture Facebook page!
Current Course Offerings
Download Dr. Ricotta's current course descriptions here >
Presentations and Conferences
- Invited speaker at the NOFA-NJ conference, January 2013
- Invited speaker on "Using the DelVal Farm in Academics" at the Seeding the Future conference, October 2011 at Dickinson College, Pa.
- Steering committee, Precarious Alliance I, II, III
Recommended Videos and Sites
- Garden Rant - Uprooting the Gardening World
- Food MythBusters -- Do we really need industrial agriculture to feed the world?
- Stand Up for Agriculture
- "Farm It Maybe" - Lil Fred
- Farmer Style
- Board Member, Bucks County Foodshed Alliance
- Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture